PDA

View Full Version : how many people both with break lines

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-20, 10:02 PM
I was just curious on the amount of people use break lines? I find that the wipeout break line OOTB takes too much time to add and adjust. i dont mind some views without breaks, so i was wondering what everyone else was doing.

Thanks

Justin

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-20, 10:19 PM
I hate break lines... well, maybe hate is too strong a word... but I don't use them unless my "boss" forces me to.

robert.manna
2006-10-20, 10:30 PM
I find that the wipeout break line OOTB takes too much time to add and adjust.
Sounds like a good job for an intern, :), JK. Yeah the OOTB break lines are kinda pain, hmmm, something else to add to the list of custom content, better break lines. Even better, sounds like a good API tool. Draw across, then draw down/up, and have it automatically put the break in.

-R

modulor
2006-10-21, 08:10 PM
I made one that is a little bit simpler than the OOTB version.

Erik

barathd
2006-10-21, 10:29 PM
Nice family - thank you.

db

ford347
2006-10-21, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I like that one too. Not as much to adjust. Easier. Always found that to be a pain. Thanks.

Josh

patricks
2006-10-23, 02:23 PM
Good idea with the flip control, however I don't like the appearance of mirrored break lines adjacent to each other. It looks better if the zig-zag lines on both adjacent break lines run the same direction, which means you have to copy and rotate the break line 180 degrees.

The OOTB one isn't a big deal for me. If I'm placing 2 adjacent to each other (like for a break in a wall section) I will place one break line, adjust the ends, then place the other line, rotated 180 degrees, place the center in line with the first line, then use the align tool to get the ends aligned with the first line.

Other people in my office don't care if the break lines are mirrored, I guess it's just one of those nit-picky things that bugs me. :)

modulor
2006-10-25, 07:42 PM
Good idea with the flip control, however I don't like the appearance of mirrored break lines adjacent to each other. It looks better if the zig-zag lines on both adjacent break lines run the same direction, which means you have to copy and rotate the break line 180 degrees.

I agree with that. I usually draw it twice: left to right and right to left. If only we could add a rotate control..

-Erik

ford347
2006-10-25, 08:18 PM
I'm not sure if you guys have this one, but it works well for breaks in sections on walls and gives you the ability to split the crop region the pull it together and have the double break look like two single breaks. The control is a little hard to deal with, but it looks fine when it's done.

Josh