PDA

View Full Version : Can't make Subcategory and I want to selectively turn things off!!!

yishida
2006-10-20, 11:04 PM
Hi all.

I'm basically trying to find the way to selectively turn on the annotation that is contained within the Parking family. Attached .jpg diagram is what would happen in the perfect world.

Here's what it is:

I created a parking stall family, which parametrically changes size between standard and compact. It has a label that says 'S' or 'C' depending on which family type it is.
I created the Stall Type Label ('S' or 'C') as a 'Label' object in 'Generic Annotation' family, and loaded to the parking family I mentioned above.
Then I loaded the Parking family to my project file.

How can I, in the project file, turn off ONLY that Stall Type Label annotations and neither the rest of the parking family nor any other generic annotations?

I thought first the way to do it was by creating sub-category, which for example I can do with Symbolic line in the parking family.
However, with this generic annotation object, I cannot seem to apply any sub-categories within the parking family.
There is still no option when I go inside the generic annotation family. you cannot assign sub categories to label objects.
(Here I tried two things: try to give the label a sub category under 'Parking' or 'Generic Annotation'. Of course I don't want to turn off the entire 'Parking' or 'Generic Annotations')

I cannot think of any clean way to do it... I'd appreciate any advice / input.

thank you.

dhurtubise
2006-10-20, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately we can't control that for annotation. Even filter won't do it. So i suggest you use worksets for it.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-21, 12:16 AM
Since the text you're dealing with is very simple arcs and it will either be on or off, try creating the text as symbolic lines and then controlling display with a yes/no visibility parameter. Once the family is loaded you can simply right click on it and Select All Instances and turn the symbolic lines off.

dbaldacchino
2006-10-21, 02:08 AM
I believe you can also type the annotation you want in Acad and save two separate dwgs which you would then use to create two generic annotation families by inserting the dwgs in them. Now nest these in the parking stall family and you should be ablle to control visibility.