PDA

View Full Version : exporting bylayer options

crullier
2006-10-23, 01:29 PM
can someone please explain them in simple terms?
I have read the help file 10 times and I still do not understand what they mean.

Click values for Layers and properties to control how object styles that were overridden in Revit Building are exported. Click one of the following values:

Category properties BYLAYER, override BYENTITY. Entities generated by a specific category are assigned to a layer specified in the Export Layer dialog. The layer controls display of the entity, including color and linestyle. To preserve visual fidelity, overridden attributes result in entity-specific attributes in a DWG file.

All properties BYLAYER, no overrides. Forces all entities to follow visual properties as set by their layer. Visual fidelity is lost, but this produces the least number of layers and provides by-layer control over the exported DWG.

All properties BYLAYER, new layers for overrides. Entities with overridden properties are placed on new layers. There is by-layer control over the exported DWG and visual fidelity is preserved. The number of layers in the exported DWG is increased.

truevis
2007-04-10, 06:03 PM
can someone please explain them in simple terms?

I have read the help file 10 times and I still do not understand what they mean.

All properties BYLAYER, new layers for overrides. Entities with overridden properties are placed on new layers. There is by-layer control over the exported DWG and visual fidelity is preserved. The number of layers in the exported DWG is increased.I have been trying to figure this out today. Here is what I've found for that last Layers and properties export option:

Override - linework: Makes layer name appended with type of line e.g. "-OVHD" for Overhead.

Override - filter: No change

Override - new category in family: Appends number to layer in the ACAD insert. E.g. “A-EQPM” becomes “A-EQPM-2”
Can anyone confirm or add to my findings?