PDA

View Full Version : Column -Slab Joint

psanoor
2006-10-23, 02:59 PM
How do I clean up a steel cloumn-slab joint, in the section. Is there a easy way to modify this.
I have attached the image.

patricks
2006-10-23, 04:16 PM
that's odd, if the section is away from the column, the slab should obscure the column where it passes through the floor. Unless you're wanting to show the column continuous and the slabs not continuous? Have you tried joining geometry?

psanoor
2006-10-23, 04:28 PM
Thats what I am trying to figure out. The section is cutting through the slab in front of the column. Is there a visibility setting for the slab that I am missing ? The join geometry doesn't work. The problem is only in the 'Fine detail' .
In medium detail , the columns show up fine.

jhirtle
2006-10-23, 04:31 PM
Hello all;
Sorry, first time on site, do not mean to mix it up?? But I need to ask a question, sorry to upset the flow? I have a question about "Group" function in AutoCAD 2006, can anyone help? Question is; "Can anyone tell me how to copy a "Group" from one .dwg file to another without losing the functional "Group" attributes? They seem to disappear if you copy the "Group" and insert into another .DWG? I need to maintain the group as copied? Does this make any sense, I am asking for another person who has this problem and wants to use a "Group" in another .DWG's? No use to use "Block", as he has already set up everything in "Groups". Can any one tell me how to keep the functional "Group" when copied to another .DWG, or how do you copy a "Group" from one .DWG to another and still have the copy be a functional copy of the original "Group"??

Any help or options to do the same would be of much help??

Thanks
J Hirtle

patricks
2006-10-23, 05:42 PM
You need to make a new thread in the ADT/AutoCAD forums.