PDA

View Full Version : Hatching - Key Plan on ea. sheet

ykang
2006-10-23, 04:15 PM
Hi guys! I have another question for you~

We have bunch of key plans on ea. sheet. We have created a sheet (family) with "unhatched" key plans so that we can start hatching in differently.

Say, we have building 1 through 10 and sheets A1 through A10. What we were trying to do was basically in Autocad terminology, set up an Xref sheet with blank key plan. When we are at sheet A1~ A10, we want to hatch in corresponding views on the key plan.

Hope I explained my situation clear.

So, now we are trying to filled region it but it wouldn't even let us start the filled region command. It's greyed out. How can we do this???

Any one knows??

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-23, 05:19 PM
What I would do is to create the filled regions in the titleblock Family and create a Visibility Parameter for them that's controlled by Type (though you could use an Instance here too).

patricks
2006-10-23, 05:51 PM
Lately I've been doing key plans as an annotation symbol, with the various highlighted regions set with yes/no parameters in the family. Then I place it on one sheet and copy/paste aligned to all my other sheets, and change the instance parameters accordingly to show the highlighted area I want for each sheet.

ykang
2006-10-23, 05:59 PM
Could you explain me a little more in detail? I have created filled region on the title sheet and named their type as building 1, 2, 3 and so on. I went to V/G and for some reason I can't find where I can control them. They are still under filled region family under the title block family. :P

ykang
2006-10-23, 06:18 PM
that sounds like a great idea. could you explain me more? please?

ykang
2006-10-23, 06:44 PM
Does the hatchings have to be in a nested family to control?

patricks
2006-10-23, 06:51 PM
I start an annotation family, and then draw a rough outline of the building, showing each section that I have plans for. It's not to an exact scale, because I'm drawing it the actual size I want it on the sheet, 2"-3" wide usually. Then I create filled regions of solid gray for each section, and assign a yes/no parameter to each filled region. I call each parameter usually whatever section it's for (Part A, Part B, etc.). Then when I place the symbol on a sheet, I can go to the instance properties and uncheck the regions that are not filled, and leave the one checked for whatever plan sheet it happens to be on.

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-23, 06:51 PM
Lately I've been doing key plans as an annotation symbol, with the various highlighted regions set with yes/no parameters in the family. Then I place it on one sheet and copy/paste aligned to all my other sheets, and change the instance parameters accordingly to show the highlighted area I want for each sheet.

that is a great idea! I will use that for sure. thanks for the tip

Justin

ykang
2006-10-23, 07:03 PM
so...how do you assign "yes/no" parameter? I've been digging the book but super confused.

jtobin.68416
2006-10-23, 07:34 PM
Here is one I worked on recently.

In "Family Types", I created two new parameters of the 'yes/no' variety - one called 'VIEW SOUTH' the other 'VIEW NORTH'.

Then I created two filled regions, and alternately controlled the visibility of each one to create a SOUTH and a NORTH keyplan.
you control the visibility foe the filed region by going to its properties and clicking on the little (tiny) gray box on the right of the 'Visible' parameter.

HTH

John Tobin

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-23, 07:39 PM
Here's a key plan family I created for a recent project.

This was created exactly as Partick suggested. An annotation family with Yes/no parameters to control visbility for areas as well as partial elevations. Insert on the first plan sheet as required. Copy-paste aligned to all other sheets as needed so it shows up in exacatly the same location.

As for the yes/no parameters, see the image.
Create the parameters as yes/no instance parameters
1 - select each filled region
2 - click the properties button
3 - click the little = sign at the right of the Visibility parameter (this allows you to have the visibility controlled by the yes/no parameter)
4 - check the appropriate parameter to control the fill

ykang
2006-10-23, 08:42 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO I GOT IT!!!!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred Blome
2006-10-23, 09:31 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO I GOT IT!!!!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gee, the new ones do get so excited.....

BTW, welcome to the club.

edaniels
2006-10-24, 12:18 AM
An Alternate would be to use a two legends.