PDA

View Full Version : help, my wall take 2 minutes to move

fernando
2004-06-21, 09:07 PM
i had a draw off a 4 level bulding
after almost everything draw i need to change the distance between 2 wall's in a corridor
strangly it start to take a lot off time to do
almost 2 minutes before it finished the move

it's normall?
any wrong move from me???
help...
desesperatly seeking for help

adegnan
2004-06-21, 10:06 PM
Sounds like there was a lot of detail involved, and a move like that may have been parametrically linked to other things... or also that Revit was "making sure" that moving it didn't affect other things that were locked.

Depends on speed of the computer and background processes. Unusually long but not unheard of depending on the file/model.

fernando
2004-06-22, 03:16 PM
my stress is that by now, any move i make of a wall or door take me 2 minutes , at the end of the day i do nothing ....

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-22, 03:21 PM
Contact revitsupport@autodesk.com to see if they can look at the file?

gregcashen
2004-06-22, 05:37 PM
When you move it, select the "disjoin" option to eradicate any constraints it may have. See if that increases performance. This can hapen if you have a lot of constraints and/or a lot of objects nearby that have the "moves with nearby objects" toggle selected.

David
2004-06-29, 03:33 AM
In a recent project, I had the same problem. moving or draging the end of a wall would take at least 90 sec. and flashing across the bottom of the screen was "regeneration", "regeneration", 20 times or more. As Greg points out disjoin will remove constraints on the wall. As support pointed out to me, other walls having nothing to do with the offending wall which are joined also have to be recalculated. I just unjoined a lot of walls, and the problem cleared. Now I use join a lot less.