PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT UPGRADE

ford347
2006-10-23, 09:35 PM
I have four house models, all in seperate files, that I am doing for a large res. project. I got through SD and completed that. I started DD on one model and went as far as I could. I don' t have a real good project template and I had started these files on version 8.1. So I started one file like I said and took it all the way through DD hoping by doing this it would help me out on the other files. I have most of the families I need in there, re-created all my sheets, as I implemented a new sheet standard, took care of my legends I had been using on my other projects, drafting views etc. I also started doing my text a little differently and a few other things. Basically I got the one file to a point where I liked most everything that was in there. I even went ahead and made a template out of it. Cleaned it up etc. I am now ready to move onto the other models, which I have to finish quickly.

I'm not sure the best way to go about getting the rest of the files all set up like the first one. I went ahead and started transferring project standards, deleting the old sheet sets etc. Now I am ready to move forward. However, because I can't get families over without copying/pasting, I'm wondering how others have accomplished this. I also went to import views for the file menu for schedules and sheets and found that if there are views placed on the sheets in the file you are importing from, it does not make those sheets available for import!!?? I don't understand that at all. It should just come in without the views. So that is a stumbling block. Also legends, but I already knew that.

I have toyed with the idea of just copying the entire model from the files I need to work on into the newly created template and go that route, since I only took those models through SD, which means I don't really have anything in there but model goemetry such as detail components etc. So that might be the best option. I guess I'm just afraid of missing something, maybe something that might be truned off in V/G or something.

Anyway, I'm just looking for suggestions as this will be the first time doing this much 'transferring' for me. I would appreciate the input as I need to do this ASAP and want to get it right. If I confirm that I'm screwed before I do it at least I know I have a lot of work ahead of me rather than thinking that there is a better way of doing it and I just don't know!:lol:

Please Help!:) Thanks a lot!!

ford347
2006-10-24, 06:38 PM
back to the top.