PDA

View Full Version : Wall-Floor joins

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-17, 10:24 AM
I believed Revit had automatic wall-floor joining support as it has for walls joins. It seems it only asks you for clearing the joins if you sketch the floor using the "pick walls" tool. However, if you sketch with lines, you have to explicitly use the "join geometry" tool.

Isn't this very annoying for big projects? Am I missing something? Shouldn't the "Edit Wall Joins" tool be able to support floor-wall joins as well, with an automatic "Use View Setting" option? I find this very strange, because it seems a very basic feature for an "intelligent" architectural CAD package... I guess I missed something, didn't I?

beegee
2003-06-17, 09:21 PM
I believed Revit had automatic wall-floor joining support as it has for walls joins. It seems it only asks you for clearing the joins if you sketch the floor using the "pick walls" tool. However, if you sketch with lines, you have to explicitly use the "join geometry" tool.

Isn't this very annoying for big projects? Am I missing something? Shouldn't the "Edit Wall Joins" tool be able to support floor-wall joins as well, with an automatic "Use View Setting" option? I find this very strange, because it seems a very basic feature for an "intelligent" architectural CAD package... I guess I missed something, didn't I?

Yes, I've found this is the case also. You can get the "join-wall- floor" dialogue if you reselect the floor and go to sketch mode, then cancel out. Alternatively, if you make any adjustment to the floor profile, once placed, you will be asked to join walls- floors. But it doesn't happen in the first place if you create the floor from sketch lines. It should !

beegee