PDA

View Full Version : 3 run stairs

chris.macko125036
2006-10-24, 06:20 PM
I'm doing a 45 story condo tower with a few tall floors (14-16' floor-floor) scattered throughout and I'm need to put in some 3 run stairs to keep the stairs as compact as possible. It seems like maybe 1/3 of the time I try to draw them with overlapping runs they work, but usually they have the railings and stringers flying off at all kinds of weird angles(the actual treads still go where they are supposed to) is there any way to make a 3 or 4 run stair in revit look right, or am I going to have to split them into seperate runs? I'm using revit 9.0 btw.

robert.manna
2006-10-24, 06:58 PM
Revit does not currently support overlapping stairs. There answer is the multi-story option which really doesn't help in your case. You will need to split the stair. We usually split them at landings, and sometime need to create a new floor type that represents the landing of a metal pan stair. As well as doing sweeps to represent the stringers. There have been numerous posts regarding split stairs, you may want to do a search to pick up some techniques, best practices, etc.

-R

jeffh
2006-10-24, 07:43 PM
Give this solution a try.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7300125&linkID=3770375

sleimgruber06
2006-10-24, 08:10 PM
I'm doing a 45 story condo tower with a few tall floors (14-16' floor-floor) scattered throughout and I'm need to put in some 3 run stairs to keep the stairs as compact as possible. It seems like maybe 1/3 of the time I try to draw them with overlapping runs they work, but usually they have the railings and stringers flying off at all kinds of weird angles(the actual treads still go where they are supposed to) is there any way to make a 3 or 4 run stair in revit look right, or am I going to have to split them into seperate runs? I'm using revit 9.0 btw.

Steve Stafford could show you how to do the 3 run stair....

chris.macko125036
2006-10-25, 01:41 PM
thanks jeff, that helps a lot. I ran a quick search before I posted and didn't see anything obvious...so now I have to ask who steve stafford is

Scott D Davis
2006-10-25, 03:52 PM
thanks jeff, that helps a lot. I ran a quick search before I posted and didn't see anything obvious...so now I have to ask who steve stafford is
See http://www.revitoped.com/ for Steve Stafford's blog....he's also a moderator here.