PDA

View Full Version : How to change Site Plan associated level?

antonio2012
2006-10-25, 12:09 AM
Hello:

I want to delete Level A. However my Site Plan "associated level" is Level A, so if I try to delete Level A I get a warning that my Site Plan will be deleted as well. How can I change the "associated level" for my Site Plan? The current "associated level" value is greyed out, so I cannot change it by editing the Site Plan properties. I do not want to want to have to re-do much work already done.

Thanks for you help.

luigi
2006-10-25, 01:15 AM
The only way you can achieve what you want to do (delete the level without losing the work you did on the site plan) is to decide on which level you want the site plan to be on...it can be shown on any level...usually it is done on the first level, but you can do it on any other ones....

Once the level is decided....you need to duplicate the first level (or create a new floor plan view of the level you want the site plan to be on) and name it to be "Site Plan"...so a duplicate of one of your level floor plans will be now your site plan.

Once the view is set, the best thing to do first, is to apply view template to the new Site Plan using the old site plan's view standard. (Right mouse click the new site plan from the project browser, and choose "apply view template" and click on "existing" and find the name of the old site plan....this step makes sure that all the view properties become exactly the same (including the scale of the site plan)

Then, since it is a different level of the old site plan, make sure your view range is set properly...if on the first level, you want the cut plane to be higher than your building, and the top view range can be the same height, or higher, and the bottom primary range and the view depth should be set to "unlimited".

Then you want to go to the old site plan, and select with a crossing window the whole project, and filter (the funnel on the option bar) out all the 3d elements, selecting only the 2d (text, dimensions, detail, detail groups, etc.) and ctrl-C....
Then go to the new site plan, and go to the pull down menu for Paste Aligned to Current...and your new site plan should be set to go...

There is a lot of text, but it is essentially 5 quick steps...I hope this helps...

Hello:

I want to delete Level A. However my Site Plan "associated level" is Level A, so if I try to delete Level A I get a warning that my Site Plan will be deleted as well. How can I change the "associated level" for my Site Plan? The current "associated level" value is greyed out, so I cannot change it by editing the Site Plan properties. I do not want to want to have to re-do much work already done.

Thanks for you help.

SCShell
2006-10-25, 01:55 PM
Hey there,
Nice tutorial Luigi!

Steve

antonio2012
2006-10-30, 06:59 AM
Hi Luigi:

Thank you so very much. Your reply was IMPECABLE!!!

Mille grazzie!

Best wishes and regards.