PDA

View Full Version : Typing numbers come out backwards??

Martin P
2006-10-25, 10:29 AM
Is it only me that suffers from the cursor jumping back to the start of the line after each keystroke when typing in the box for an offset distance or an angle etc??

Say I actually type 123 - sometimes it comes as 321, I am getting really p'd off with it doing this!! I cannot seem to decipher when Revit chooses to jump the cursor back to the start of the line and when it doesnt ! though it seems mostly when I am not looking at the line ;)

Anyway, it is something I have been aware of for a long time and never mentioned it. But its very very bad and irritates me no end, it really needs fixed soon.......

Henry D
2006-10-25, 12:02 PM
This also happens to me all the time...it's very annoying.

Chris DiSunno
2006-10-25, 12:24 PM
It bugs me too. The numbers don't appear in a different order though. It is usually when I edit text that I'm typing away and find the cursor jumped mid text to the beginning.

michael.deorsey
2006-10-25, 01:00 PM
I have not heard of anyone in our firm having this problem. Are you all working in 9.1? We are still in 9.0, but are starting the transition, and it seems that every day, there is a new little bug posted for 9.1.

Chris DiSunno
2006-10-25, 01:39 PM
Yes I'm in 9.1 but revit has done this since V4 when we started.

patricks
2006-10-25, 03:16 PM
I have noticed this, as well on occasion. It's referring to the text box near the top for when you want to use the offset tool, or other similar tools were you set a distance.

When you activate the offset tool, and you want to change the distance shown in the box, you might drag across the text to highlight it so you can change it. Now if the mouse is back in the drawing area as you're typing the new distance, if the mouse moves at all, it interprets that as though you hit "Enter" and you're finished entering the distance. If the mouse cursor is up in the toolbar area, you either have to hit Enter to finish entering the new distance, or just move the cursor into the drawing area.

Of course if the mouse moves unintentionally while you're typing, then yes the cursor will go back to the beginning of the text box. Odd behavior I guess, but I don't have much trouble with it.