PDA

View Full Version : Revison titleblock out of space

m.thomas
2006-10-25, 02:58 PM
Sooo many revisions that the revisions have extended outside the revision titleblock beneath the dwg sheet, and therefore do not print out.

Ideal solution when revision block fills is for the oldest revision to 'disappear' once latest revision is added. Is there some way to overcome this issue?

Whats everyone else do when their revision titleblock fills up ?

Thanks

carlosb.101393
2006-10-25, 08:43 PM
We just added parameters to our title block for revisions, and we type date and revision number avery time, and as you said, once we run out of space, we rewrite on the oldest revision to have the newest one. I do not think there is an automatic feature for that.

m.thomas
2006-10-25, 08:50 PM
It sounds like you're using 'dumb' text in the titleblocks rather than the revit revision system?

carlosb.101393
2006-10-25, 09:05 PM
Yes, that is right, just because you run out of space some times and there is no solution for that, as far as I know.

m.thomas
2006-10-26, 10:45 AM
Hmm, I had thought of saving an 'archive' copy of the file for record purposes and in the new file showing all revisions and for each view deleting all but the most recent revisions.
Titleblock on each drawing will then only show 1 revision in titleblock.

I shall give this a go and see what unforseen problems arises lol.

Chad Smith
2006-10-26, 09:16 PM
Be sure to cast your vote here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=47845).

michael.deorsey
2006-10-27, 12:03 PM
I have not gotten into revisions yet on my project, but I would think that you should be able to use filters in both the schedules and the sheet views so that the older dates would drop off. This seems like it could be a little bit tedious, but I would also think that the view filters could be added to a view template so that all you had to do was apply the template. I haven't tried it, like I said, so this may not work at all, but I think that there needs to be a way to do what your looking for.

HTH,
Mike