PDA

View Full Version : Mullion Joins

rkitect
2006-10-25, 03:56 PM
I know I've run across this before, and I even thought I had a solution at one point but can not seem to remember what it was.

Essentially we don't want join lines in our mullions. Any ideas?

TIA.

patricks
2006-10-25, 04:02 PM
I don't believe it's possible with the curtain wall and storefront tools. If there is a way please someone let me know because there are instances when I also would like to have no join lines between mullions.

chris.macko125036
2006-10-25, 04:08 PM
i don't know if there's a better way to do it, but I've just been using the linework tool to make certain segments into invisible lines. you might need to add some additional curtain grid segments in to get the mullion segment the right size. works fine for small areas, but I'd hate to have to do it for a large area

jamie.casile80054
2007-02-21, 12:09 AM
Hi there,

how about this. go to object styles > Curtain Wall Mullions, set the line color to white (or whatever your mullion is).

hope that helps.
aloha,
jamie

dpasa
2007-02-21, 06:36 AM
Hi there,

how about this. go to object styles > Curtain Wall Mullions, set the line color to white (or whatever your mullion is).

hope that helps.
aloha,
jamie

Clever, but won't work, you get rid of all the lines this way.
I think there is no way to do that, maybe because there is no way to do that in reality... There will always be this lines where the different parts join.
I agree that what you're after looks better on the paper. The appropriate tool would be "Join Geometry" but this doesn't work.

SCShell
2007-02-21, 01:53 PM
Hey there,
Cute Jamie....."Rock in the middle of the Pacific"
Steve

al
2007-02-21, 02:44 PM
You could create custom curtain panels which include the mullions. Then the geometry of the mullions could be generated so that they don't have any joints.