PDA

View Full Version : Error when changing visual styles

stelthorst
2006-10-25, 09:37 PM
I haven't heard anyone else bring up this issue so I thought I'd ask the question to find out if it's an ABS2007 problem or just me.

Is anyone else getting a fatal error when changing from 2D Wireframe to any other visual style?

About 90% of the time when I try to change from 2D Wireframe to any other Visual Style I get a fatal error and ABS2007 asks me if I want to save changes on exit. If I say yes and then open the drawing the visual style I was trying to use is current.

I send an error report every time this happens but was just curious if it's just me.

ABS2007 SP1
Windows XP SP2

Steve_Bennett
2006-10-26, 06:18 AM
I haven't heard anyone else bring up this issue so I thought I'd ask the question to find out if it's an ABS2007 problem or just me.

Is anyone else getting a fatal error when changing from 2D Wireframe to any other visual style?

About 90% of the time when I try to change from 2D Wireframe to any other Visual Style I get a fatal error and ABS2007 asks me if I want to save changes on exit. If I say yes and then open the drawing the visual style I was trying to use is current.

I send an error report every time this happens but was just curious if it's just me.

ABS2007 SP1
Windows XP SP2First, it's been my paranoia to never save the change on a fatal error dump. It's been my experiance that this saves the error into the file.

Second, run a recover (or audit) on the file and repair any errors - there most likely will be some if the file has been taking diggers.

Third, what settings have you configured for your graphics in Options in ABS? Is your card supported and does it have the latest driver?

stelthorst
2006-10-26, 03:02 PM
First, it's been my paranoia to never save the change on a fatal error dump. It's been my experiance that this saves the error into the file.

Second, run a recover (or audit) on the file and repair any errors - there most likely will be some if the file has been taking diggers.

Third, what settings have you configured for your graphics in Options in ABS? Is your card supported and does it have the latest driver?

Thanks Steve,

First - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you:)

Second - I can run a recover on the files and it doesn't find any errors. The problem is I can start a new drawing, create any kind of 3D object, change to ISO view, and try to change the visual style and the program crashes. This happens to 90% of my files not just one or two.

Third - Specifically, what settings in my Options are you referring too? My graphics card (Matrox Parhelia 256MB) has the latest driver and is supported but not recommended by Autodesk.

I guess I hadn't considered it to be a graphics issue because I can open the same file in ABS2006 and not have any problems with the drawings. However, I guess it could be a graphics issue in ABS2007 and not in ABS2006.

Steve_Bennett
2006-10-26, 10:22 PM
Third - Specifically, what settings in my Options are you referring too? My graphics card (Matrox Parhelia 256MB) has the latest driver and is supported but not recommended by Autodesk.

I guess I hadn't considered it to be a graphics issue because I can open the same file in ABS2006 and not have any problems with the drawings. However, I guess it could be a graphics issue in ABS2007 and not in ABS2006.Look on the 3D settings tab and have it automatically configure it. that might help it work better. graphics changed significantly between 06/07.