PDA

View Full Version : How to edit a sliding door / family

abink
2006-10-25, 11:06 PM
Is there a tutorial (or a helpful person) out there that will tell me how to edit a 2-panel sliding door so that I have a 3-panel-sliding door in the end? I go into the Family Editor and get a lot of things done, but when I close out of the editor it always has a problem with what I did.

I've searched through Revit Help without success and perhaps overlooked something?

Thanks,
Axel

Andre Baros
2006-10-26, 12:04 AM
Take these apart and see if they help you.

I'm not sure what you mean by changing a two panel to a 3 panel, but these can have as many panels as you want. One of them changes the number of door panels, the other the number of panels in a door. For the divided panel, you can simply change the glazing to a solid material and play with the rail profiles to get what you want.

abink
2006-11-01, 12:28 AM
Andre,

The Revit library comes with a door called "Sliding-2 panel". I was trying to edit this one to add a third sliding panel without success. I tried your doors and one didn't cut out the wall correctly and the other is not what I'm looking for. I have loaded it to my library though, because it's neat.

I'll keep breaking my head on this.

Thanks for your help,
Axel

Andre Baros
2006-11-01, 01:04 AM
The one that did not cut the wall correctly was not intended to. It was just an example of how to control multiple panels in a single door. I've nested that door panel into other families to create what I need.

I'll look at the family you're talking about and see if I can offer some help. Also, if you post your efforts so far we can have look and see what isn't working.

blads
2006-11-01, 01:10 AM
Here's a couple of aussie 3-panel sliding door your quite welcomed to practice on...

abink
2006-11-01, 02:27 PM
Andre, Bill,
thanks a lot for your feedback. I would like to post the rfa I've been editing...once I've recreated it. I didn't keep it, and certainly want to take the offer to have it reviewed. In the meantime Bill's doors will help me quench the fire I have burning right now. And like the saying goes "teach someone how to fish instead of only handing out fish" I will still go deeper in this issue.

Greetings,
Axel

ar.carlosvelasco
2017-10-27, 09:02 PM
Thanks! I was also breaking my head trying to create this. What a time saver!