PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk Express Viewer

Allen Lacy
2003-06-17, 02:04 PM
Has anybody been using this yet? The hyperlinks don't seem to work consistently. They are identified, indicate that control click will take you to detail, but nothing happens. But sometimes it does work. This is within a single dwf file. Anybody?

ajayholland
2003-06-17, 02:47 PM
When the DWF printer was released, I tested it on my current project. The links worked fine. Callout references were linked to the specific view on a sheet. Control+click to follow a link.

-AJH

aggockel50321
2003-06-17, 04:56 PM
I had the same problem where some hyperlinks wouldn't work. In my case, east/west elevations worked, but north/south did not. The path on both (page, view) that shows when you hover over the hyperlink, seemed consistant, and the pages & views were within the dwf file, but no go..

Allen Lacy
2003-06-18, 01:50 PM
This from the autodesk.express.viewer newsgroup "In case anyone is interested; go into the 'About...' dialogue, hold down ctrl and click on the picture :)"

Allen Lacy
2003-06-18, 06:56 PM
From alt.cad.revit newsgroup, I received this reply:

Allen,

We've inspected the file, and believe that it has to do with the "&&" present in the sheet names. We'll continue to pursue a solid fix, but for right now, the best workaround we can suggest is to not use "&" in your sheet names. The characters "&", ";", "=" and "?" are special in hyperlinks. I agree that our software can be more intelligent about them, and we're trying to isolate which of the packages (DWFwriter, AEV or even Revit) would need adjustment.

Let me know if the workaround helps.

jeff

(Jeff being Jeff Kowalski of Autodesk)

Also there is a setting in Autodesk DWFwriter to embed fonts.

aggockel50321
2003-06-18, 07:19 PM
Good Alan,

I sent him my dwf file this morning via email. He said he'd look at it and get back. I'll let you know what he tells me.