PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating Sheets?

cdchristian
2006-10-26, 06:30 PM
Why is this not an available option?

robert.manna
2006-10-26, 06:39 PM
I beleive, that you can select the sheet in the browser window, do a cntrl+c, then do a cntrl+v. Not 100% sure though, I seem to remeber a post on Steve Stafford's blog about this a few months ago. www.revitoped.com (http://www.revitoped.com)

-R

David Conant
2006-10-27, 02:41 PM
What are you trying to achieve when you want to duplicate a sheet?
In Revit, most views can only be placed on one sheet. Duplicating a sheet with these views has little meaning since the views can't exist on the new sheet. If you can express the reason for duplicating, there may be other ways to achieve your desired result.

dpasa
2006-10-27, 02:49 PM
By the way, David, can you please tell me a reason why we can't have the same views in multiple sheets? If it is ment to eliminate some mistakes (can't imagine what mistakes) I would be happy to agree but I think it's pointless.

robert.manna
2006-10-27, 02:52 PM
By the way, David, can you please tell me a reason why we can't have the same views in multiple sheets? If it is ment to eliminate some mistakes (can't imagine what mistakes) I would be happy to agree but I think it's pointless.
How would Revit know, to label the callouts of a view, if the view could exsist in more than one sheet? Would it be a user option? Would there be a set of rules? Not an easy thing to deal with from the end user perspective. Remeber that everything in Revit is an object with relationships to other objects. You can't really have a "duplicate" except by way of a group or defined hierarchy like family types & instances....

-R

chris.macko125036
2006-10-27, 03:36 PM
I was wondering about this myself. The reason I would want to duplicate sheets is for setting up a series of plans that I want to be formatted all the same, or say a series of design options on similar layouts. I've just been creating new sheets by right clicking on the sheet group in the browser, then copying and pasting all the title blocks and formatting one at a time. Just duplicatiing the sheet, even with no views would be a lot faster.

truevis
2006-10-27, 03:44 PM
We could really use a 'clone view' tool. It would be a passive copy of a view that would turn into a drafting view and stay the same as its parent.

Would be really great for SKAs, condo docs, etc

There are unlimited ways that one can mess up a Revit project really easily (deleting a level comes to mind). So why is Revit all pedantic on this subject?

robert.manna
2006-10-27, 03:46 PM
We could really use a 'clone view' tool. It would be a passive copy of a view that would turn into a drafting view and stay the same as its parent.

Would be really great for SKAs, condo docs, etc

There are unlimited ways that one can mess up a Revit project really easily (deleting a level comes to mind). So why is Revit all pedantic on this subject?
just to be clear, I agree that there is a need for some way for views to exist on multiple sheets, however, I was merely trying to point out the complexities invloved with what on first look seems to be something very simple.

-R

Steve Mintz
2006-10-27, 04:17 PM
just to be clear, I agree that there is a need for some way for views to exist on multiple sheets, however, I was merely trying to point out the complexities invloved with what on first look seems to be something very simple.

-R
I agree. A tool to divide a plan on multiple sheets and include the matchline and parametric references is also needed. It would be really nice if it had some kind of overlap so that we didn't need to copy annotations across views.