PDA

View Full Version : Section Callouts

al
2006-10-27, 04:23 PM
I have an partial building section. This partial building section is called-out on a plan. It is also called-out in an overall building section. This partial building section in plan is referenced on a sheet called A352 as detail number 2. The same partial building section callout in the overall building elevation is on the same sheet with the same reference A352 as detail number 2. How -- I don't understand how this was accomplished. I want to be able to do with with more views so it can be called out in both plan and section. I am sure there is a simple explanation. Hopefully the images are too difficult to read. Any thoughts?

chris.macko125036
2006-10-27, 04:32 PM
are you asking how the same section tag can show up in a plan and elevation? I thought that was the default way revit did it...any view that the section is cutting through should show the tag. the partial section view only exists on one sheet, so all the tags should point to the same place no matter what.

ashuler
2006-10-27, 04:40 PM
If you want to reference a section in multiple views you can click on the "section" tool under "View" and then on the options bar check "Reference other view" and pick the view you wish to reference.
I am not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about, but hopefully it will help.

al
2006-10-27, 05:12 PM
Thats got it! Thanks. Reference another view only seems to be available when creating a new section.