PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to suppress all 0 values in a table? (as 0 and as .0000)

ccowgill
2006-10-27, 04:32 PM
Is there a way to suppress all 0 values in a table? (as 0 and as .0000)

.T.
2006-10-27, 06:51 PM
Is there a way to suppress all 0 values in a table? (as 0 and as .0000)

If you right click in a cell and select Format..., then select Decimal Number for the Data Type, then push the Additional Format... button, there are options to suppress leading and trailing zeros at the bottom. Is that what you are looking for?

ccowgill
2006-10-27, 06:56 PM
I have already changed it in my default table style, when I bring the information in from excel, it doesn't apply those settings until I right click on the cells, click format, then click ok. I dont need to change anything as all 4 zero suppression boxes are already checked. I was just wondering if there was a way to make this automatic that I am missing

Also, when there are zeros in the original excel sheet that are suppressed, it brings those in as 0 in the AutoCAD table, is there anyway to suppress those? I even have tried find and replace, but it does not find any matches.

Also, when there are formulas that transfer there appears to be no way of suppressing zeros, because you cant change the formatting as it is greyed out.

I hope this is a little more detailed as to the problems I am experiencing

.T.
2006-10-27, 07:06 PM
Sorry, I haven't gone that far with it. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

ccowgill
2006-11-09, 07:39 PM
I have tried to create a table style that has zero's suppressed, but the setting does not hold, if in insert the table style into a drawing, the boxes become unchecked, I have even clicked ok after making the changes, the opened the table style editor back up and the boxes were no longer checked. Has anyone else experienced this?

gingermick
2009-08-28, 06:56 AM
holy thread revival
well I create a table and type some data in, then come back and instead of 3 decimal places, it has 9. It's rather frustrating, but doesn't happen when the data is from a link, I dont think, haven't done one for a few months.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-08-28, 01:22 PM
holy thread revival
well I create a table and type some data in, then come back and instead of 3 decimal places, it has 9. It's rather frustrating, but doesn't happen when the data is from a link, I dont think, haven't done one for a few months.

What version AutoCAD & service pack? I think 2008 no service pack had a similar problem and service pack 1 fixed it. Also are you sure your table style is set for 3 demical places and not nine?