PDA

View Full Version : Linking Acad Dets in Revit

nsinha73
2006-10-27, 06:42 PM
Hi,
We are Datacad Users, transitioning to Revit. I am in the process of converting our Standard Details to Revit (DraftingViews).
So I have to export to Autocad, then link in Revit and redraw.
When I link my dwgs into Revit, All my grey shades come in as black. I have to preserve colors so I know what thickness of line weights to apply.
I really need the shades to be grey so I can see other imported lines and stuff. How can I go about doing this.
Thanks so much guys

michael.deorsey
2006-10-27, 08:04 PM
If you set up an import table all you line weights should come in to the correct thickness, though they will still be in the acad or datacad layers by name. What we have been doing is to just import the files in, but not explode them. Of course this only works for details so typical that you don't need to edit them.

As for lines or filled regions in grey tones, you can create those by making new subcategories of lines, and new filled region types, and just setting them to the desired tone. I'm not sure that there is a way for that transition to happen automatically without you doing some clean up work.

HTH,
Mike

aaronrumple
2006-10-27, 10:32 PM
Hi,
We are Datacad Users, transitioning to Revit. I am in the process of converting our Standard Details to Revit (DraftingViews).
So I have to export to Autocad, then link in Revit and redraw.
When I link my dwgs into Revit, All my grey shades come in as black. I have to preserve colors so I know what thickness of line weights to apply.
I really need the shades to be grey so I can see other imported lines and stuff. How can I go about doing this.
Thanks so much guys
Skip the color part. You don't need it in Revit.
Import. Explode. Then just remane the AutoCAD object style to what you would like in Revit and set the lineweight accordingly.

Another process you can use is to hover over a line - right click->select all instances and then change the selected lines to the appropriate Revit linestyle.

If you want to use the AutoCAD drawing as a background set to grey - just check the halftone box in your visibility dialog.

davidcobi
2006-10-28, 12:20 AM
We usually go into the dwg and remove hatches. We then import dwgs into a project that is specifically designed for importing and exploding dwgs. It has all of our typical detail components loaded.

After we explode the dwg in Revit we change all the linetypes to our Revit standards, we replace dimensions with Revit's dimensions, and we filled region what we need to.

After we have all of our details converted we import them from this "details project" into the actual project file that contains our building model. Now we can junk the "details project" with all the unwanted linestyles imported into Revit when dwgs were exploded.

This method ensures that junk linetypes don't get imported into the final project and it ensures that everyone is using the same detail components for their details.