PDA

View Full Version : Phasing and Symbolic Geometry

phyllisr
2006-10-30, 06:36 PM
Attached are two images demonstrating the issues and a stripped RVT example that includes the specific problems. I tried to keep the example simple and the file size small so please consider that this is a strategy question as much as a specific problem question. This would seem to be something simple and intuitive and I may hang my head in embarrassment if it is. Unfortunately, I cannot find it.

Is there a way that the symbolic lines I added to a generic model (representing the header in the opening) to display correctly in the demolition plan? Further complicating this issue, if I remove the arched opening during new construction (the 48" wide opening in the RVT file), the demolition plan correctly shows the dashed lines. So the header that I still wish to see must remain the light grey color override so as to distinguish it from the darker demolition dashed lines.

Is there a way to use a filled region in a family (as in the pocket door) that will display correctly in the demolition view rather than looking to the global phase overrides? In my example, one door is demolished and one is retained - both show solid fill by the phase. It is best if the white fill is retained. The only reason I did this initially was to hide the frame that I did not want the void in the family to cut. I am aware it is not essential to model the pocket but even if I do not model the pocket, I would like to conceal the wall edge where the door slides into the "pretend" pocket.

Thank you.