PDA

View Full Version : Design Option Errors! Help!

Girlsrfast2
2006-10-30, 08:37 PM
I am currently working on a residential plan which has (3) elevation style options to it. Then off those (3) different elevation styles (which are front load garages) I am creating side load options for each individual elevation style.
This is where my problem begins...
I went into my design options and duplicated the traditional front load and named it traditional side load but now when i go into my side load option and try to move or delete and re-insert my garage doors this error pops up.
"An insert in a Design Option cannot be hosted by an element in another Design Option."

Can someone please help me? I am lost i dont know what to do. I tried deleting the wall and re-drawing it but, the error still comes up.
Any Advise?

Thanks

michael.deorsey
2006-10-30, 08:44 PM
Basically any item that is in one option can not be hosted to any item in another option. So this means that your doors and your walls will each have to be copied into each option. If option 1 is the side load, you would need the side wall with the door and the front wall with out the door in that option, so that in option 2 you could have the front wall with a door, and the side wall with out.
Hope that makes sense.

Mike

Girlsrfast2
2006-10-30, 08:59 PM
Yes it does and it works. Thank you! Im still pretty new to Revit so its great to have your help and support!
Thank You.