PDA

View Full Version : Site contours labels reading upside down

Don Sutherland
2006-10-31, 09:01 PM
I have a site plan with contours with high at the bottom and low at the top of the site plan. The site is a true radius of 100'. The site contours are reading upside down. Any ideals how to fix this?

Chad Smith
2006-10-31, 09:54 PM
There is no fix at the moment. Be sure to log this with Autodesk Support.

aaronrumple
2006-10-31, 11:05 PM
I have a site plan with contours with high at the bottom and low at the top of the site plan. The site is a true radius of 100'. The site contours are reading upside down. Any ideals how to fix this?
Revit is designed to have the label for a contour always point it's bottom down the hill. Just the way it is - not the way it should be.

CADiva
2007-05-10, 01:07 PM
We encountered the same problem and it was maddening until we finally figured out that if you plot directly to the plotter from autocad it will always rotate the contour label upside down, but if you plot from a dwf of the drawing it will print the contours as they appear in the view.

iru69
2008-05-13, 12:29 AM
Just ran into this very old one again. Is this still not fixed?

ron.sanpedro
2008-05-13, 02:40 AM
Just ran into this very old one again. Is this still not fixed?

Still not fixed. And it seems to me that it labels from low to high, so if the high point is at the top or left of the screen, you get correct labels. If the low point is there, you get junk. I guess since it isn't sexy to say we fixed the broken bits, this stuff doesn't get funded for development. Starting to get really frustrated with the amount of simply ridiculous stuff that never gets fixed, while Google Earth plugins and the #@$% Steering Butt gets added. Lame.

Then again, you could probably say they need to junk the entire site toolset and start over, so perhaps they are not bothering to fix something they know they will be throwing out soon anyway? Probably Sarbanes-Oxley requires drawing and quartering for telling us anything about it too.

Gordon

Chad Smith
2008-05-13, 02:43 AM
Then again, you could probably say they need to junk the entire site toolset and start over, so perhaps they are not bothering to fix something they know they will be throwing out soon anyway?
This is the theory that I'm going with.
But, there are plenty of other potentially great tools that need some fixing attention.

ron.sanpedro
2008-05-13, 03:10 AM
This is the theory that I'm going with.
But, there are plenty of other potentially great tools that need some fixing attention.

Chad the Optimist? Never thought I'd see the day! ;)

As for fixes, I would LOVE to have a ground up re-write, with nothing new, just bugs fixed and code well sorted so improvements moving forward would be easier. And I would defend Autodesk at every turn. Alas, bean counters don't much care for such things, and Autodesk is not the same company they where back when AutoCAD got a ground up re-write. And Pessimist is just a word used by Optimists to describe Realists.
Still, cross my fingers and hope. But I have also spent the last two weeks trying to get a complex site out of Revit, so my tolerance is wearing a bit thin. And my forehead a bit flat and brick textured. ;)

Gordon

Chad Smith
2008-05-13, 03:17 AM
Chad the Optimist?
No, no. I'm still quite pessimistic about the development of Revit. There's still a lot of mess to tidy up and tools to enable. :roll:

I'm just optimistic about the site tools as I've have heard from various sources (including Autodesk) over the past few years that there is something in the works. When it will be released? Who knows, but I'm hoping next release now that Mentalray is out of the way.

luke.s.johnson
2009-08-21, 05:41 AM
This is still annoying...

Gadget Man
2009-08-22, 07:52 AM
I think I've heard somewhere about RAC2015... Or maybe I was just imagining...

markl.70662
2009-08-22, 08:21 AM
This is one of the reasons I no longer pay a subscription. Autodesk is more interested in spending our subsrciption on competing with the opposition, not on fixing problemsand bugs, you only need to look at the list of "known issues" that carry over from release to release to see that they are not interested in fixing the problems that plaque us every working day.

etornberg
2012-12-03, 04:14 AM
The Autodesk WikiHelp has a wonderful picture showing contour labels right side up:
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0135-Prelimin135/0170-Site_Des170/0199-Contour_199
Do you think they did that with Revit??

I just use spot elevations with no leaders or tag symbols - workaround # 2512...until they explain how they did in in the wikihelp.

cdatechguy
2012-12-03, 05:46 AM
Couldn't create a new thread for that comment instead of digging up a 3 year old thread?

LOL....I know the original poster too...

Steve_Stafford
2012-12-03, 11:47 PM
I've met Civil Engineers who say that this is consistent with their standards (read facing "up hill"), that's the story from the factory as well. So we may consider it a bug but it works as intended based on input they received originally. Naturally architects have complained about it bitterly ever since... :(

cdatechguy
2012-12-04, 12:10 AM
I've met Civil Engineers who say that this is consistent with their standards (read facing "up hill"), that's the story from the factory as well. So we may consider it a bug but it works as intended based on input they received originally. Naturally architects have complained about it bitterly ever since... :(
Okay, I remember this from my Civil Desktop days too....I had to rotate the text a bit to make it read right side up

patricks
2012-12-04, 06:25 PM
I sort of like it. Makes it easy to know quickly which way a particular area of the site is sloping.