PDA

View Full Version : bringing up old dirt: change detail line to model line

shaunamorain
2006-10-31, 10:54 PM
RE: How to Convert Model lines into Detail Lines If there aren't too many lines to convert (or the lines form a small number of chains) then an alternative is to create lines by picking. In the Detail Lines tool, choose the Pick Lines option in the option bar (the arrow icon). Mouse over any model line and click to create a detail line in the same place. Or, press Tab before clicking to create a whole chain of detail lines. Same thing works to create model lines from detail lines.

I only have 1 line to convert from detail to model so it shows up in all views, I can change them all for now, but in the future, if I use the wrong line(and I will !), I would like to know how to change them back.

ron.sanpedro
2006-10-31, 11:06 PM
Is there a way to convert a line from detail to model w/out just stacking lines on top of eachother yet? (as occurs when doing what is quoted above) And I mean w/out exporting to Acad...

I only have 1 line to convert from detail to model so it shows up in all views, I can change them all for now, but in the future, if I use the wrong line(and I will !), I would like to know how to change them back.

On a similar theme, you can change an Interior Elevation to Exterior by picking it and changing it in the Types pulldown. But you can't change a Detail Callout to a Plan Callout. There have been plenty of times where I started with a detail callout, added some info, increased the scope and changed the scale, and eventually relized what I really had now was an enlarged plan. It would be nice to have it show up as such in the Project Browser.

Gordon

shaunamorain
2006-10-31, 11:22 PM
yes, it would be very nice!

Does anyone have the perfect cure????