PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Problems

PaulB
2004-06-23, 03:11 AM
I have been experiencing a peculiar problem when rendering: -

Build 6.1
File size about 14Mb
P4 2gz 512mb Ram 200Gb HD

I have created several external perspectives, rendered, captured and then placed on several drawing sheets - all beautiful so far !

The client then changes the material colours for various parts of the building.

I then go into the material settings and change the colours.

Then I re-render the perspectives, capture and go to the drawing sheets - beautiful.

I then print the new sheets save the project and get some rest.

Next day........Now the problem starts

Open up project file and go to the sheets............the renderings have gone back to the colours prior to the changes. Check out the captured renderings.........same deal.

By this time I'm thinking I opened an old project file......dangerous !!!!.....not so.

Thinking that the settings may not have been saved - check this out all ok. Thinking that maybe it didn't do a save I go through the routine again and the renderings are now back to the new colours. I do some general text and other drafting type work then save the project.

Open up the project...........same deal the renderings have gone back to the old colours but all the text and general drafting has been saved.

Solution - I have to delete the captured rendering and re-render the perspectives from scratch - with large renderings this is a pain in the backside

Has anyone else noticed this ????????????

Mr Spot
2004-06-23, 04:21 AM
Yes i have had a similar problem and my resolution was to delete the captured images and then re-capture them. However, my method now it to export the image out and then re-import it back in. That way i am sure not to lose renderings... :idea:

SCShell
2004-06-23, 01:10 PM
Hi there,

I too had to learn the "hard way". Now, the minute the rendering is done, I export it out as a JPG. Then I capture it etc. Now, when I e-mail any preliminary stuff, including renderings, I use the .jpg images because of their simplicity and small file size.

And yes, sometimes I had to completely re-do a perspective (camera view) in order to get the material changes updated in an older view.

Best,
Steve Shell

Scott D Davis
2004-06-23, 03:54 PM
Remember, renderings 'captured' in a project, increase the overall project size and efficiency. It's better practice to Export to JPG, and to not keep the captured images in the project file.

Paul P.
2005-05-21, 11:03 AM
I have this happen to in the past couple of days, can someone tell me why this happens?

Regards, Paul.