PDA

View Full Version : Elevation linework to show depth?

CADMama
2006-11-01, 03:02 PM
Is there any way to have the elevations show a bounding line around one protruding part of an elevation - like where a part of the building is closer to the front?
This has been done in the past on elevations to help show the depth of the building with the forfront being bolder.
Any suggestions?
Donnia

steve.70285
2006-11-01, 04:19 PM
Donnia,

Line weight is the only tool right now that I really rely on for this.

With Advanced Graphics you can change the profile line weights of the overall building but this setting also changes the line weights of the outer edges of families used within the elevation...because of this I do not use this setting very often.

Does anyone know what happened with the discussion quite a while back allowing us to "Depth Cue Edges" like SketchUp?

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-01, 04:39 PM
Donnia,

Line weight is the only tool right now that I really rely on for this.

With Advanced Graphics you can change the profile line weights of the overall building but this setting also changes the line weights of the outer edges of families used within the elevation...because of this I do not use this setting very often.

Does anyone know what happened with the discussion quite a while back allowing us to "Depth Cue Edges" like SketchUp?

You can also do some neat things with filters, where you either screen back or thin up the linework of the background element, to make the foreground pop. Then you can either profile the whole thing, or just the foreground. I actually like to screen back the background, and then profile the whole thing. The background profile line is gray, so it recedes, while still being thick and helping to define the edge.
I am putting together a PDF of my presentation on the topic to the LUG a few weeks ago, and I will post it here as well.

Best,
Gordon

cstanley
2006-11-01, 07:34 PM
You can also do some neat things with filters, where you either screen back or thin up the linework of the background element, to make the foreground pop. Then you can either profile the whole thing, or just the foreground. I actually like to screen back the background, and then profile the whole thing. The background profile line is gray, so it recedes, while still being thick and helping to define the edge.
I am putting together a PDF of my presentation on the topic to the LUG a few weeks ago, and I will post it here as well.

Best,
Gordon

"I'm keenly interested in that!...

Pleased to meet you Keenly."

angelo
2006-11-08, 08:46 PM

Best,
GordonGordon,

Any chance you could post that info sooner rather than later? We are issuing 100% DD this coming Monday and it would be nice to get a usable view template together and apply it across the board!

Thanks,
Angelo

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-08, 08:51 PM
Gordon,

Any chance you could post that info sooner rather than later? We are issuing 100% DD this coming Monday and it would be nice to get a usable view template together and apply it across the board!

Thanks,
Angelo

I just posted it in the Tips & Tricks forum a little while ago.

Gordon