PDA

View Full Version : Plan region view range problem in RCP

patricks
2006-11-01, 05:15 PM
I have a first floor ceiling plan for a warehouse space that shows the exposed roof structure above, which is 30+ feet above the floor. The overall view range for the view has the cut plane at 7'-6" above the floor, and top and depth of the view are set to above the roof.

In one area, I need a plan region that does not show the roof structure for clarity purposes. I created a plan region for that area, and set the view range to have the top and depth both at 10 ft. above the first floor, and the cut plane at 7'-6". Even with these settings, the structure above is still visible inside that plan region. The view range settings are nowhere near my roof level, so why is the roof structure still visible in that plan region?

mcloer
2006-11-01, 06:17 PM
What is the "analytical projection plane" parameter set to in your beams?

patricks
2006-11-01, 07:01 PM
Sorry, it's not just the roof structure. There is a ceiling object up above a mezzanine level that I do not want to show in the plan region, but it still does.

The mezzanine height is 12 ft. and the ceiling is set to 9' - 2" above the mezzanine level. The plan region top and view depth are set to 10 ft. above the ground floor, yet the ceiling (or structure or anything else) above the mezzanine is still showing in that plan region.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-02, 01:46 AM
Patrick, there's a bug with plan regions in ceiling views. Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=45980

I opened an SR a while back and it's still open but it was confirmed as an issue.

patricks
2006-11-02, 06:13 PM
Must be a big for the top/depth of the plan view range in ceiling views only. I have another plan region in the same view where I needed the cut plane up above some walls that do not go all the way up to the roof, and it works fine.