PDA

View Full Version : Unit Plan Color Fill

nnguyen
2006-11-01, 11:37 PM
Okay, I am trying to create a plan that I would be able to use the color fill tool to show the different Unit type in our project. I thought the way to go was to create an Area plan, then add in the area boundary to each Unit type, define that area, and add the tag. However, Revit only recognizes the two that I tested as Building common area. When I created the plan I used Rentable. Then I thought maybe using Gross instead, but that doesn't work because it only calls them Gross Building Area.

Should I use the Room separation lines? I don't think that will work either, because I don't want to override the rooms that are in the room, I just want to be able to create a plan that calls out each Unit type.

Suggestions?

***Update. Figured it out.

Scott D Davis
2006-11-02, 12:16 AM
and for those that are interested, how did you figure it out?? What was the solution?

nnguyen
2006-11-02, 06:40 PM
Should have tried harder to figure it out...i think i knew about it, but i just had a malfunction. But basically, these are the steps:

1. Create Area Plan (either gross or rentable)
2. Draw Area boundary.
3. Add Area and Tag
**4. Then click on the Legend Revit makes when you are doing the color fill.
**5. Click on the Edit Color Scheme
**6. Change to show the name and not the Area Type.

#4 thru #6 is what i didn't do.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-03, 02:46 AM
Thanks for contributing ;)

octavianoy
2006-11-03, 03:04 AM
After you do point.3
click color fill on Design Bar
click color fill legends on drawing area and you'll find Edit Color Scheme

Regards
Yano

cphubb
2006-11-03, 03:12 AM
This also works with rooms. Add a new parameter to the rooms (shared works best) and set the color fills to use this parameter. Assign the rooms to the correct type and the fill will change. We use this with departments, occupancy and a few other types.

robert.manna
2006-11-03, 03:49 AM
yeah, same here, missed this whole post because I was helping to do what you needed to do. We've got 4 different coneptual dorm building designs, and we want to do colored plans where the suites are in one color, corridors and stairs in another, common areas a third and support space a fourth. The suites have multipl rooms. So using a key schedule we were able to quickly populate different rooms types with the same occupany code, which allowed us to do a room color fill plan where the everything colors the way we want it to. Another neet trick, we actually made all the shaft space its own room, and set the fill color to black to match the course fill pattern of the walls, so everything colors real nice. One minor problem, one some really small plumbing shafts the room tool because of the new gap feature, wouldn't recgonize the space as a room. But hey, thats what Photoshop is for after all, ;).

-R

Rols
2006-11-03, 04:14 AM
We use rooms. Within the living units, we specify the walls as non-room bounding, thus treating the whole unit as a single room. We then assign the unit type parameters to the rooms.