PDA

View Full Version : Area Plan over linked dwg?

Maximillian
2006-11-02, 12:30 AM
I have a linked landscape plan imported onto a LEVEL called "Landscape" to that I could place the modeled Revit house on it. Now I have to calculate the area's of the landscaping.

THE PROBLEM
-when I create an area plan and select the level "LANDSCAPE" Nothing shows up in the area plan for me to trace???

If I am going about this wrong or if you have any suggestions please let me know...

dbaldacchino
2006-11-02, 01:23 AM
Is the linked file visible in the view you're creating? Instead of an area plan, you could also just do a plan region over the area of interest and it'll report an area for you (if you're using 9.1).

michael.deorsey
2006-11-02, 01:16 PM
When you imported the file did you check the box to make it visible in the active view only. I believe that box will default to the state it was in in the last import. May have been on. It's easy to miss.

Maximillian
2006-11-04, 01:56 AM
If I had not checked "show only in this view", Then it would show up in every view right?
Is the a way to new show it in my LANDSCAPE view or do I have to re-import it?

Is anyone using something besides a floor plan to hold DWG's?

Sorry for the late reply.....

EDIT:
Ideally I would like to explode the drawing and ditch ACAD. What is the difference between partial explode and explode? Will I loose anything?

If I explode it can i put it on a drafting view or something elese and still underlay it?

ford347
2006-11-04, 02:08 AM
First off, I wouldn't explode anything. You will increase your file size big time and people have just plain advised against doing this. If you want to ditch the acad paln altogether, it sounds like you need to use it as a 'trace', and create revit walls, doors etc. But if you did bring it in and selected to not show only in one view, then the level in which it was imported on and the view range of your landscaping view could be the problem. Mess with that a little. If it simply just isn't in that view, just copy it and paste in same place in the view you want. You can use area boundary lines and pick acad lines and define your areas that way, just create a landscape area scheme. Hope this helps.

Josh

sbrown
2006-11-04, 12:35 PM
all you need to do is go to the view you imported it into and select it, ctrl + c then paste align in your area plan.

Maximillian
2006-11-04, 07:12 PM
I guess I was over thinking this... copy paste makes sense.

However this discussion has let me to believe that I am going to have problems with Revit and DWG's.

My goal is to make AutoCAD obsolete in my work and just partial explode the dwgs from consultants and have all the line types , line weighs and hatches just work. Then if i need to change any lines I will to that in Revit...It is sounding like this is not feasible???

I just did a partial explode and it seemed to work great...some of the text has a few misalignments....BUT the line types and LTSCALE did not translate. and the line weights are inconsistent.

I just want this to work with out any messing around ...maybe I am wishing