PDA

View Full Version : Copy drafting view to other project?

alext
2006-11-02, 09:58 PM
Hi,
I imported AutoCAD drawings to drafting views. and make a detail sheet.
The question is that can I copy this sheet to other project? or I need to redo the detail sheet again in other pproject?
Thank you

Alex

dbaldacchino
2006-11-03, 02:25 AM
In your new project, go to File-->{EDIT Insert from file} and select the file that contains the views you want to transfer. You'll be able to select entire sheets or individual views.

octavianoy
2006-11-03, 02:50 AM
go to file ---> insert from file ---> views...

Regards
Yano

ijnicholas
2006-11-03, 03:47 PM
Also you could right click on the drafting view in the project browser and select "Copy to clipboard".
Open the other project and select "Paste from clipboard": from the edit menu.

nicholas

Zoltan
2006-11-03, 06:49 PM
To throw in the last tid-bit.

You can right-click on the Drafting View in the browser and choose Save to New File... That will create a new RVT file that contains only the Drafting View. You can then save it to your directory of standard details and begin to create a library of Revit details that you can load into projects using the Insert From File command.

Or better yet - after you create the file, you can load it into a main file which will be a collection of Drafting Views that you can pull mulitple details from using the Insert From File.

alext
2006-11-03, 07:32 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I got it

Thank you all

Alex

NATALIEN
2017-05-16, 06:27 PM
what if i i get an error window reading: no insertable views.
but i do in fact have 15 drafitng views i need to insert from project a to project b?