PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Panels disappear in printed and export sections?????

Martin P
2003-06-18, 09:04 AM
First of all I am not using the latest build, I am downloading it at the moment though! - and as there is no bug fix history I cannot tell whether that is something that will matter. I Really hope it is.

BUT, the problem, the very big problem, I am having is with printing and exporting sections. It doesnt matter which printer I send to, or PDF or even export to dwg does it - but in sections Revit is completely missing out SOME curtain wall panels, while xactly the same ones elsewhere in the same section are fine??? It is also adding in roof surface pattern which should not be there, as the view does not look far enough. IE none of this happens on screen in Revit, only when printing or exporting!!!!

At the moment I am completely stuffed, my sections are uselessl, as there is a lot of curtain walling in section. If the latest build doesnt fix this problem - I will be Very P'd off!

PeterJ
2003-06-18, 10:41 AM
Martin

Are these system family curtain panes or your own loaded rfa's?

If its the latter double check your visibility settings in the original family. Other than that I can't help - I am using the current build and doing some curtain walling right now and all appears fine.

You could switch off the surface pattern on the roof just to work around the problem, likewise you could switch off the curtain panels and draft them in (will filled regions, natch) as a Q&D solution. Not perfect I know but it might do the trick.

I look forwad to seing this set of drawings when it's complete. Is it much bigger than 30 MB yet?

P

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-18, 10:44 AM
The current build fixed some vectorial output bugs (printer+PDF), so it might fix your problem...

Martin P
2003-06-18, 11:56 AM
PHEW!!! the latest build did fix it!!! - although "L" corner mullions still turn the wrong way round if I remove part of a curtain grid for a door or whatever, so I cant use my door families as the mullions are different ways round sometimes :evil: - better report that one.

42 Mb and still growing.............

PeterJ
2003-06-18, 12:01 PM
42 Mb and still growing.............

Ouch.

I bet you can cook lunch on your machine while it crunches through that.

Martin P
2003-06-18, 02:05 PM
[quote:979af85a50="Martin P"]42 Mb and still growing.............

Ouch.

I bet you can cook lunch on your machine while it crunches through that.[/quote:979af85a50]

HAHA! New PC being delivered today!! mostly due to the large file slowing me down - So I am delighted that it is so big :lol:

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-18, 08:00 PM
[quote:d6b50386c2="PeterJ"][quote:d6b50386c2="Martin P"]42 Mb and still growing.............

Ouch.

I bet you can cook lunch on your machine while it crunches through that.[/quote:d6b50386c2]

HAHA! New PC being delivered today!! mostly due to the large file slowing me down - So I am delighted that it is so big :lol:[/quote:d6b50386c2]

Just for curiosity... how much RAM will you have in your new PC? I'm ordering mine soon, and don't wish to order too little...

And... do you know whether hyperthreading is of any help for Revit? I'm thinking in a P4 3GHz with 800MHz FSB and hyperthreading, but I don't really know if it will make any difference over a 2.8GHz model...

PeterJ
2003-06-19, 08:06 AM
New toys, eh?

Lucky you.

Martin P
2003-06-19, 08:28 AM
[quote:e748236aa5="Martin P"][quote:e748236aa5="PeterJ"][quote:e748236aa5="Martin P"]42 Mb and still growing.............

Ouch.

I bet you can cook lunch on your machine while it crunches through that.[/quote:e748236aa5]

HAHA! New PC being delivered today!! mostly due to the large file slowing me down - So I am delighted that it is so big :lol:[/quote:e748236aa5]

Just for curiosity... how much RAM will you have in your new PC? I'm ordering mine soon, and don't wish to order too little...

And... do you know whether hyperthreading is of any help for Revit? I'm thinking in a P4 3GHz with 800MHz FSB and hyperthreading, but I don't really know if it will make any difference over a 2.8GHz model...[/quote:e748236aa5]

I have absolutely no idea what hyperthreading is I am afraid?? I am getting a P4 2.4 GHz with a basic 512 RAM - but my old box will be getting ripped up, and I hope to get at least another 256 out of that. - RAM is so cheap I would say just go for max 1GB+ seems worthwhile.for the little extra you would pay - unfortunately we have an IT guy here who is a bit of an ar$e, and always seems to find an expensive computer with very little guts, but you apparantely its a better "quality" - I mean really who cares? it will be replaced in 2 years - so what if it is good for 5.... get me a cheaper one with higher numbers on all the good bits!!!

and our IT guy seems to think on board graphics cards are just fine too :cry: , I would like to give him an on board graphics card :twisted:

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-19, 11:12 AM
I have absolutely no idea what hyperthreading is I am afraid??

I don't know the details either :( However, I've been told that XP detects 2 processors when you've such a Pentium, although the performance is not the same as a dual machine. I've been told it's very useful for multitasking. But I don't know whether multithreaded applications will run faster, nor if Revit has any multithreaded/parallel code at all.

Anyway, I've ordered it, because I wanted the fastest processor on the planet. This is what I'll get next week:

P4 3GHz FSB 800MHz hyperthreading
1GB RAM
Geforce 5200FX 128MB
(and perhaps a 17'' TFT).

Previously, I was considering a laptop, but after searching GoogleGroups, I arrived to the conclusion that buying a laptop is far more risky than buying a desktop. I don't want any problems in this moment, I just want to think in my project, so I believe the desktop was the right choice for the moment.

Martin P
2003-06-19, 11:45 AM
[quote:542f36626f="Martin P"]
I have absolutely no idea what hyperthreading is I am afraid??

I don't know the details either :( However, I've been told that XP detects 2 processors when you've such a Pentium, although the performance is not the same as a dual machine. I've been told it's very useful for multitasking. But I don't know whether multithreaded applications will run faster, nor if Revit has any multithreaded/parallel code at all.

Anyway, I've ordered it, because I wanted the fastest processor on the planet. This is what I'll get next week:

P4 3GHz FSB 800MHz hyperthreading
1GB RAM
Geforce 5200FX 128MB
(and perhaps a 17'' TFT).

Previously, I was considering a laptop, but after searching GoogleGroups, I arrived to the conclusion that buying a laptop is far more risky than buying a desktop. I don't want any problems in this moment, I just want to think in my project, so I believe the desktop was the right choice for the moment.[/quote:542f36626f]

oh that sounds like a fairly reasonable machine :lol: cant imagine you will have too many problems with that!! word of warning about the TFT tough, one of the guys here got one recently and does not like it for CAD work, apparantley diagonal lines appear "jagged"

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-19, 06:01 PM
word of warning about the TFT tough, one of the guys here got one recently and does not like it for CAD work, apparantley diagonal lines appear "jagged"

No problem about that: I love pixels. I feel digital 8) However, my doubt about TFTs is the standard policy regarding "dead pixels". I find it so surprising and incredible that a big brand like Sony can consider a monitor with two dead pixels is adequate. It's incredible.