PDA

View Full Version : Door Key Schedule

Steve Jager
2006-11-03, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know of a decent tutorial on this matter. We have started using door schedules and trying to use keys is driving us a bit mad. Can't seem to ge thew sequence right. Any help greatly appreciated.

jcoe
2006-11-03, 10:13 PM
Could you provide us with a little more information? Is the key schedule going to be used for all the same door types, does it only relate to hardware types, will it only be used for your remarks columns?

I personally try to stay away from key schedules when it comes to doors just because of the type of work we do and the complexity of a door schedule. I do use them for our door notes though where our remarks column will only reference note 1, note 2, notes 3 and 4.....

I know that this did not directly answer your question, but again, I think more information on how you would like to use the key schedule is needed.

patricks
2006-11-03, 10:20 PM
Wait, is the question regarding scheduling of which keys unlock which doors (something we usually provide after we get hardware shop drawings), or is it referring to Revit Keynotes and using them with doors?

Steve Jager
2006-11-06, 02:15 PM
We have a job captain that wants to have Revit fill out as much of the door schedule as possible. Since we only have a few door types that we use on a regular basis it would ber ice to let Revit do the work and not have to manually fill in the table.

ijnicholas
2006-11-06, 03:40 PM
1. You might consider adding your regular door types in the template.
2. Create a door sched with "type" parameters that relate to the door types.
3. In your template, you could fill our the values in the type parameters. So when users start inserting the doors, these values would already prefilled.
In our experience, it does NOT work if you make all the parameters that are needed in the schedule to be "type". It is best to keep some of them "instance" params. In such a case, you couse sort your sched based on the door types (say you have 7 types) and select "not to itemize" every element. Now your schedule should have only 7 lines to start with (for each door type). You could fill in the default values for the sched here and after the projects gets more detailed, you could "itemize" every element and refining the schedule.
I hope this makes sense.
nicholas.

We have a job captain that wants to have Revit fill out as much of the door schedule as possible. Since we only have a few door types that we use on a regular basis it would ber ice to let Revit do the work and not have to manually fill in the table.

Scott D Davis
2006-11-06, 04:44 PM
Wait, is the question regarding scheduling of which keys unlock which doors (something we usually provide after we get hardware shop drawings), or is it referring to Revit Keynotes and using them with doors?
Question is referring tp Revit "Schedule Keys" in which one can set up a "configuration" to use repeatedly in schedules. For instance, a room finish key. In the Key, you define the room types, and then the finishes for each type. In the room Schedule, you simply add the room type to the room, and the rest of the schedule fills itself out.

archjake
2006-11-06, 04:45 PM
I don't have time to explain this at great length, but here is the skinny:

First create a schedule key for doors.
Then you will create your door types in this schedule. Add all the parameters you want this key to control. Typically this is all the information that will be type driven. Then assign the value in for each parameter.

Then go to your door schedule and add this key schedule to you door schedule. It will show up like a parameter.

Once this is set up you can set this parameter in your door schedule and it will fill in the rest of the information.