PDA

View Full Version : Crop boundary visibility when using scope boxes

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-11-03, 10:51 PM
Am I missing something obvious or is there no way to turn off the crop boundary visibility if you are using scope boxes to control a view?
It does turn off and plots correctly when you use the plot toggle but won't work in the view or on the sheet view.

Wes Macaulay
2006-11-03, 11:15 PM
Hmm -- works for me here on the 0928 building of 9.1 -- does it misbehave in a new blank file? Might be a glitch in your file...

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-11-04, 09:36 PM
For some reason it's not available in the view properties dialogue (it's greyed out) but I can get it to turn off by Hide annotation in this view or by using the off option in the view control toolbar at the bottom of the window :? Rather odd but at least I can get it to turn off. Thanks Wes

greg.mcdowell
2006-11-04, 10:13 PM
Sort of sounds like you're actually hiding the scope box not the crop boundary. I don't think the crop boundary is considered annotation by Revit. Have you tried turning off the scope box in Visibility Graphics?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-11-05, 12:24 AM
Greg,
I goofed with the hide in view note. :Oops: but...
The scope box is a different color/linetype and it doesn't have the break marks for splitting the view like a crop region does so I wasn't just turning the scope box off. My view template also has the scope boxes turned off by default for these views.
If I remove the scope box associated with the view then the check box for crop region isn't greyed out anymore and I can turn it off from the dialogue box. If I reapply the scope box then the crop region visibility setting is retained. With the scope box it's not selectable but I can turn it off using the view controls.
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it but I do find it odd. Thanks

dbaldacchino
2006-11-05, 02:10 AM
I believe that if you have a scope box applied to the view, the crop region is set to its extents and cannot be turned off. You have to disassociate the scope box from the view first. So your observation is correct....it's a bit of a bummer :?

jcoe
2006-11-05, 03:00 AM
I believe David is correct. By associating a scope box with a view, it overrides your ability to control the crop region in that view because the scope box becomes the crop region. To modify the extents, you will have to go back to the original view the scope box was drawn in or disassociate it with the current view.