PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Panels in My door schedule?

Martin P
2003-06-18, 09:29 AM
Ok, got as far as tagging a curtain wall door with a door tag, no problems. Why then do I get every single (untagged I add) curtain panel appearing in door schedule too? is this meant to happen? and if so how do I delete them from the schedule - bearing in mind there are LOADS of them, and I only seem to be able to delete one row on the schedule at a time?? BTW I have never done scheduling before, this is my first one, so any other tips would be appreciated greatly :o

PeterJ
2003-06-18, 10:49 AM
Schedules will show everything of the relevant type, tagged or untagged, you can apply phases to them if you have phases in the project to refine this, you can also sort in various fashions. and get numbers of door type 3 recorded to help the contractor out - its very flexible.

With door schedules I normally add a custom field in the field dialog box and then call this ironmongery pack type and then list ironmongery packs as required as a series of text notes then just insert A, B, C etc into the relevany column on the schedule - I find itmakes my life easier.

If you have curtain wall panels in there there is some kind of problem with the schedule. As in your other thread this may be to do with loaded .rfa families having the wrong family type set in the family itself such that they show in your door schedule, that's all I can think of.

Pete

Martin P
2003-06-18, 12:02 PM
If you have curtain wall panels in there there is some kind of problem with the schedule. As in your other thread this may be to do with loaded .rfa families having the wrong family type set in the family itself such that they show in your door schedule, that's all I can think of.

Pete

It look as though you right Peter, Revit thinks it is a door in the family??

The family category IS set as "curtain Panels" - but if I go to object styles it is a door?? how did this happen, how do I change it to a window???

Martin P
2003-06-18, 12:13 PM
OOPS REVIT!!

Seems as though ANY custom curtain panel family defaults to being a door!! - err not always Revit, mine are just opening lights in the curtain walling, and fixed panels. Need that as an option... will add it to the wishlist, and Report it as a bug too.

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-18, 12:32 PM
What if you "saveas" the Revit stock panel and tweak it to your specs...does that behave similarly?

bclarch
2003-06-18, 01:35 PM
To satisfy the curiousity of those of us (or me at least) across the pond, what is an "ironmongery pack type"?

PeterJ
2003-06-18, 01:58 PM
"Ironmongery pack" is not something you are going to find in websters.....

I don't add sufficient detail to my doors to accommodate signage, robe hooks, air transfer grille, lever furniture, lock case and so on, let alone suiteing of locks and so forth and generally this repeats much as the doors do. I don't always want all that stuff in the schedule so I list the repeats as ironmongery packs and add a column for this to the door schedule.

See attached pdf.

Martin P
2003-06-18, 02:00 PM
What if you "saveas" the Revit stock panel and tweak it to your specs...does that behave similarly?

I used the curtain panel family in the templates? is that what you mean... but that is always a door for some reason - open it up and go to object styles, it is set as a door.

I need to use the family - the panel has a trim round the edges, as it is an opening light.

PeterJ
2003-06-18, 02:11 PM
Try this

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-18, 02:15 PM
I used the curtain panel family in the templates? is that what you mean...

Refer to David Conant's reply in your other post...that should help?

Martin P
2003-06-18, 02:18 PM
Ah!! separate family for windows, never noticed before :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

bclarch
2003-06-18, 06:23 PM
"Ironmongery pack" is not something you are going to find in websters.....

Thanks. In case you're curious, we refer to them as "hardware sets". Divided again by a common language. :)