PDA

View Full Version : Where did this come from? Sand pattern in plot.

ford347
2006-11-06, 04:38 PM
I just made some revisions to a plan set and am trying to get this last sheet to plot correctly. It did not dot his prior to this plot, but in this section, this mysterious sandy hatch is appearing in my building section???? I cannot get it to go away. It is not in my drawing file, it just appears when printing to pdf. :banghead: I've even tried printing to file, prn. and converting to pdf through the distiller. Does anyone have a fix?

Josh

ford347
2006-11-06, 04:48 PM
I found out the problem was that during the print to pdf, it is not recognizing the far clip plan in section views for the roof pattern. I have a roof sheathing pattern of sand for that material, so I had to select no pattern for that material for the materials settings dialog box, and now the views display correctly. Why is it that it would only ignore the far clip pertaining to the roof surface pattern on one material. That's screwy! :screwy:

bowlingbrad
2006-11-06, 05:08 PM
Please submit this to Autodesk support. They may be able to help you. If it is a bug, they will thank you for pointing it out and correct it for a future release!

Pleasant Revitting!

tc3dcad60731
2006-11-06, 06:59 PM
Just one more reason I moved away from printing to pdf! Try dwf format it is great.

Now having said that I have installed a "pdfcreator" pdf print file on my computer so that I can print to pdf and have found no obvious problems as yet. For ACAD try Acroplot.

ford347
2006-11-06, 08:46 PM
I hate pdf too. I usually love going to dwf, but now an error says something is out of date, probably composer with 9.1. I don't know. Looks like I'll have to spend more money and get Design Review or something. My Repro shops can't do dwf, so I have to go through pdf. That's my limitation right now until I can justify leasing a machine for ourselves. We're almost there, so I'll hang in there a little longer.

Josh

Wes Macaulay
2006-11-06, 09:54 PM
Josh, we've got a 9.1 that's doing exactly the same thing. Development is looking at the problem. I'd suggest you upload your file as well.

In the meantime, turn off surface patterns for walls and roofs and you'll get by. This is a new bug in 9.1 and it hasn't happened before. It's not a PDF problem and in fact you can see the errant hatching in the Print Preview dialog box!

ford347
2006-11-07, 01:04 AM
Thanks a lot Wes. I'll upload the file for them. Hopefully they'll take care of it in the next release for those of us who have to go to pdf for outsourcing.

As a side, has something changed with the dwf writer. I started only using the export to dwf and that was working fine with all my dwf prints, but I haven't done it in a while since I usually have to go to pdf for outsourcing. I tried it the other day and when I pushed the export button after selecting my sheets, an error dialog came up stating something like, the version has changed, update, or something like that. I have dwf composer 2.0 installed. Do I need to get the new Design REview to work with 9.1? Thanks.

Josh

tc3dcad60731
2006-11-07, 05:48 AM
I am running 9.1 with composer 2.0 and have not run into any problems such as those! I wonder what is going on? Hopefully I will not start running into those issues since I rely heavily on DWF.

Jos Arpink
2007-01-16, 04:09 PM
Revit Structure 4 user here.
We're seeing this "mystery pattern" appear as well. Seems to happen most with in-place families that are attached to other elements. Looks like a print engine problem that is not specific to any particular device. I can reproduce it in PDF, DWF, and direct-to-plotter. Hope they fix this one in the next release.

Wes Macaulay
2007-01-16, 04:47 PM
We heard back on our support request that this will be fixed in the next major release of Revit due out in...

aaronrumple
2007-01-16, 04:52 PM
We heard back on our support request that this will be fixed in the next major release of Revit due out in...

Until then - just don't print.....