PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region Trouble

cdchristian
2006-11-06, 09:13 PM
I'm beginning to think that I am going about this the entirely incorrect manner. I am creating a ceiling plan for my building. I have imported a microstation drawing of the existing ceiling condition, and am drawing the new/demolished ceiling elements on top of that. There are these 5'x5' cells throughout the ceiling, some of which I want to replace with flat panels and downlights. I have been using a solid white filled region to cover over the imported microstation lines, and then add a downlight to my ceiling. Unfortunately, when I have a solid filled region, the downlight does not appear (as the F.R. is a drafting element in the view). If I switch the filled region to a dense, transparent, dot pattern, I am able to see the microstation lines again... which I don't want. Any suggestions on how I might be able to block out the microstation drawing, yet still see the downlights?

vanessa
2006-11-06, 09:29 PM
Cut a hole in the Filled region where your downlight goes. This can cause trouble though if the light has to be moved.

v.karaturovic
2006-11-06, 09:36 PM
have you tried "wipeout" command?

cdchristian
2006-11-06, 09:50 PM
have you tried "wipeout" command?
What is this???

Wes Macaulay
2006-11-06, 09:53 PM
It's a lost AutoCAD user :lol:

cdchristian
2006-11-06, 09:55 PM
I guess I have become such a Revit junkie that I didn't even remember the reference!

jtobin.68416
2006-11-07, 12:38 PM
Can't you freeze the layer/level from the Microstation drawing in the View/Visibility dialog?
(Disclaimer: I haven't used Microstation since Release V )

John Tobin