PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Hide

dc.109967
2006-11-08, 05:58 AM
I've searched the forum and have read the responses to this issue. After all that, I still think that we need the abiltiy to hide something permanently that is within a category while maintaining other objects in that same category still on....especially when printing.

Worksets as a solution to this issue is just silly.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-11-08, 06:09 AM
dc I had to use something similar, without wanting to use worksets.
I had to hide partition walls, but not masonry walls.
I created partition walls on a seperate phase, and it worked like a charm

aaronrumple
2006-11-08, 06:12 AM
I've searched the forum and have read the responses to this issue. After all that, I still think that we need the abiltiy to hide something permanently that is within a category while maintaining other objects in that same category still on....especially when printing.

Worksets as a solution to this issue is just silly.
This is exactly what filters were designed for....

dc.109967
2006-11-08, 06:35 AM
Could you explain a bit more aaron? You lost me. BTW, I am using Revit 8.0.

Mike, phasing sounds like a good idea, but I haven't tried that.

ron.sanpedro
2006-11-08, 06:44 AM
Could you explain a bit more aaron? You lost me. BTW, I am using Revit 8.0.

Mike, phasing sounds like a good idea, but I haven't tried that.

If you are talking about model items, then filters just may be a good reason to upgrade to 9.1 (filters where new in 9.0). You can easily filter specific things and make them go away, change color, etc. Examples include a plan where all rated doors and walls are red, a plan where all NIC furniture is screened, an elevation where the "background" portion of the elevation is screened, etc.
On the other hand, I don't think you can use filters on any kind of annotation, so you can't get tricky with Section bubbles and such.

Best,
Gordon

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-11-08, 06:50 AM
If you are talking about model items, then filters just may be a good reason to upgrade to 9.1 (filters where new in 9.0). ..............>>>>SNIPLooks like you're stuck with phasing till you upgrade:) Aren't you on a subscription?

dc.109967
2006-11-08, 07:00 AM
That sounds promising. Looks like we do have to upgrade. I don't know about the subscription, but I'll ask.