PDA

View Full Version : Project Rotation Issues

audrey.coppock
2006-11-08, 05:08 PM
I had to rotate my project in an phase and every level rotated exept my floor plan. I check to see that all my views had the "Project North" and they all did. I need to rotate my floor plan to the angle of all other levels. How can I fix that?
Thank you

petervanko
2006-11-08, 05:23 PM
Ahh...moving and/or rotating a project is very tricky in Revit because it is, of course, truly one model. I ususally go into a site plan view and select the entire building. At the same time, I open all active floor plans and verfiy everything has been selected--annotation and all! You can tile your views to verify everything has been selected, and then go for it. Generally, I get away with no errors.

audrey.coppock
2006-11-08, 05:33 PM
Peter,
Good advice. I will use it later in another project. Right now, I can't go back to my original layouts. My floor plan is not in the same orientation as all other levels including site. How do I correct that? I do I orient my floor plan to the other levels? It is almost like my VIEW is rotated and not the actual plan? Help!
Thank you

petervanko
2006-11-08, 05:42 PM
I see what you mean--you just need the view rotated. OK, turn your crop region on (see "help" files), select the boundary, and then use your regular ol' ROTATE command. However, there is a quirky aspect to all of this: rotate the opposite direction that you need to!

audrey.coppock
2006-11-08, 05:55 PM
I figured it out. My project North and my True North were inverted in my project. When I set all my views on True North they all lined up just fine!
Thank you for your time and help.
:-)