PDA

View Full Version : Gable treatments

karalyn.patrick
2006-11-09, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I'm a newbie. (We all have to start somewhere!!) Can anyone please tell me how to put a "Crowsfoot" decorative batten treatment to a gable.

Thanks in advance

Karalyn

dsw98
2006-11-09, 03:23 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie. (We all have to start somewhere!!) Can anyone please tell me how to put a "Crowsfoot" decorative batten treatment to a gable.

Thanks in advance

Karalyn

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about just create a generic inplace family under the modeling tab, be sure to pick the right "work plane" then draw any shape you want.

karalyn.patrick
2006-11-10, 03:27 AM
Thanks very much Devin. Thats exactly what I wanted to do. Haven't used in place families.

I appreciate your help

Karalyn

Henry D
2006-11-10, 12:09 PM
I think this is what you are referring to. The post brackets and gable decorations were done as in place family extrusions.

karalyn.patrick
2006-11-11, 02:15 PM
Yes, thanks Henry. I've done some very simple ones as in place solid extrusions. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for your help guys.

Karalyn

Rhythmick
2006-11-12, 07:53 PM
I think this is what you are referring to. The post brackets and gable decorations were done as in place family extrusions.The post brackets can be created as a family using the generic face based template. It makes installation very fast in elevation or 3D and remains in the library for future use.

Henry D
2006-11-13, 11:54 AM
The post brackets can be created as a family using the generic face based template. It makes installation very fast in elevation or 3D and remains in the library for future use.

Yes..good point. Actually I forgot that I had done the brackets the way you describe.A generic family is very good for swapping out different bracket options as opposed to an in place family where you have to replace one bracket at a time.

harkeychad
2006-11-13, 01:49 PM
How did you do your screenporch? I think you prob used curtain walls, but have not used them before.

Henry D
2006-11-13, 04:32 PM
How did you do your screenporch? I think you prob used curtain walls, but have not used them before.

Yes, I use curtain walls for screen porches. They work great.