PDA

View Full Version : Diagonal Reveals / Sweeps

cboetger
2006-11-09, 05:48 PM
Is there a way to create a wall sweep or wall reveal that is angled? I.E. not just horizontal or vertical??

aaronrumple
2006-11-09, 06:38 PM
Is there a way to create a wall sweep or wall reveal that is angled? I.E. not just horizontal or vertical??
Use a fascia asigned to a line drawn on the surface of the wall.

The wall sweep tool is a pita an needs major improvements.

It should place segments which stop at intersecting walls for interior trim.
It should allow for a sketch option to draw it like linework and do angles and arcs and such.
You should be able to use the split an trim tools.
You should have an option to sweep walls associated with a room in one click for base trim an wainscot trim.
There needs to be a ceiling hosted sweep so you can put crown moulding on a ceiling without using a wall sweep.
For now I use floor slab edges for base trim.
Fascias for wainscot trim and crown moulding.

dhurtubise
2006-11-10, 12:53 PM
Aaron, how did you got the fascia to stop swuare to the wall top and bottom ?

aaronrumple
2006-11-10, 03:10 PM
Aaron, how did you got the fascia to stop swuare to the wall top and bottom ?
Select the fascia once complete and then you'll have an option to change the miter at the ends.

dhurtubise
2006-11-10, 03:16 PM
I thought there was an automatic way, but the manual one works like a cahrm.
Thanks Aaron

whittendesigns
2006-11-11, 01:48 PM
aaron...thank you! you just made my life a whole lot easier. my god, I can't believe all this time I hadn't tried that

wearethestones
2007-11-16, 10:27 AM
I couldn't get the fascia to host to the wall. I dont have a roof on this portion of the project. Sooooooooooo I created a generic model wall based family from the standard templete files. Make it whatever shape you want, then load it into your project. I couldn't figure out how to place the generic family in the project so I just found it in the project browser and dragged it then dropped it onto the wall. - Ill post up an example tomorrow at work - Cheerz

Revitator
2007-11-16, 02:04 PM
This is quite an old thread.

Fascias can host on both roof edges and model lines, so you should be able to get the fascia to host to a model line drawn on the face of the wall.

Are you able to place your generic wall-based family using the Component tool?

wearethestones
2007-11-16, 04:18 PM
"model" lines eh? mmmm - I didnt try those...I will.

And no I didnt try the compnent tool! I will!

Thanks!