PDA

View Full Version : Building Footprint Area

jason.combs
2006-11-09, 10:13 PM
Is there an easy way to get a building footprint area based on the outside walls? I have a building footprint and can get an interior area via the properties of the floor. But how about the area that the walls make up?

Are there area inquiry tools to easily do this, a la ACAD?

ford347
2006-11-10, 01:29 AM
If I understand you correctly, you can accomplish this by creating an area plan. From the Area toolbar, choose new area plan, base it off of whatever level you are needing it for, choose 'gross building', or rentable, or create a new scheme under room and area settings. For now, just use gross building. It asks you if you would like revit to create area from exterior wall boundaries I believe, so that could be it. But you could also use the area boundary tool and select your exterior walls. Place an area after you have a closed loop, and there you have it. A gross building foot print. These lines are placed using area rules, which are defined under area settings, but you could also sketch them without the rules if needed as well. So you have plenty of options. Hope this helps and hope it was clear enough. Post if not.

Josh