PDA

View Full Version : Elevations: Setting the top and bottom of the crop region

mark_a
2004-06-23, 11:38 PM
Hello,
Is there a way to set the top and bottom of an elevations crop region? For example, wet area elevations, I want the bottom of the elevation to be at floor level and the top at ceiling level. At the moment I am adjusting them in the view, and this is somewhat time consuming. Any help here appreciated.
By the way, the floor level is a revit level, and the ceiling is offset from it.

mark_a

Mr Spot
2004-06-24, 01:57 AM
If there was I'd like to know about it... Unfortunately i don't think there is a better way than editing the crop region in the view each time. Only other option i could think of is to get one elevation right and then copy it around...

beegee
2004-06-24, 02:47 AM
One way is to make a white filled region with a central "hole" as a detail component and load that in and adjust it's extents.

Probably more trouble than just adjusting the elevation crop though, unless you have a sloped ceiling.

adegnan
2004-06-24, 11:25 AM
Don't interior elevations automatically snap toward a wall, and then the crop region automatically is set to the left and right edge of the room, and the level above and level below?

So if you have a level for your floor and a level for your ceiling it should automatically do it!

mark_a
2004-06-25, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the replies,
Beegee, sloping ceilings not an issue, however walls not perpendicular to each other, and arcs are.
The copy option is not my favoured workaround, (I find copying elevations a PITA) but thanks for the suggestion.
Abe, yes, they do snap to the left and right walls, but not to the levels above and below. Instead it snaps to the slab top surface, which is 50 mm below the relevant level, Ground Floor, and to top appears to have a mind of its own. The bottom then snaps to the Ground Floor level line, but not back to the slab top surface. I added a ceiling level and assigned the ceiling to this level, (previously the ceiling was offset from Ground Floor level). The top of the crop region did not snap to the ceiling level. Same with a reference plane. So I don't know what is letting it snap on one level and not the other. Not a big deal really, however if you have lots of them to do (and I do).
Thanks again for the responses.

mark_a

PS: Using release 6.0

Phil Palmer
2004-06-25, 09:16 AM
Whilst we are on the subject of room elevations.

I would love to have an 'automated' process available within Revit to create a 'Room Sheet'

We work on many school projects here and have to create a plan,3d and wall elevation of each classroom within the school (for FF & E layouts and positioning)

This is a MAJOR time consuming excercise:-

Create Call-out of room plan
Create 3d cut-away of room
Create the 4 or more room elevations

and THEN compile them all onto a sheet and postion them nicely.

Now do That 100 times again !

IF this could be automated somewhow it would save a lot of time