PDA

View Full Version : Stair arrows

chris.macko125036
2006-11-10, 02:16 PM
I'm going through a bunch of stairs in my current project and I noticed a lot of the up and down arrows are displaying at different lengths, some go 2 risers and stop, some wrap all the way around the landings, etc. I noticed they seem to follow the run line in sketch mode, but how do I make them more consistant as far as length?

dsw98
2006-11-10, 03:19 PM
I'm going through a bunch of stairs in my current project and I noticed a lot of the up and down arrows are displaying at different lengths, some go 2 risers and stop, some wrap all the way around the landings, etc. I noticed they seem to follow the run line in sketch mode, but how do I make them more consistant as far as length?

I asked the same question awhile ago, and from the response I got, it's not possible to adjust the arrow.

DanielleAnderson
2006-11-10, 03:59 PM
Stair annotations have a mind of their own and always have. If you want a uniform look, turn off all the stair arrows and draw your own. It sucks, but seems to be the cleanest alternative.

michael.deorsey
2006-11-10, 03:59 PM
The length of the stair arrow is determined by the blue line generated by the run tool. If you do not use the run tool, the you do not have an arrow, and adjusting the stair with that line to preserve your arrow can change the width of each tread. As far as I can tell there is a lot of work that still needs to be done on the stair tool.

wbs69117950
2008-03-19, 04:02 PM
So, without the blue line (from the run tool), no arrow...is there a way to get the "stair arrow" if you build the stairs with risers and boundaries exclusively?

tomnewsom
2008-03-19, 04:55 PM
The answer is the same as the answer to all questions that start "Why can't I make my stairs do..."

A: The stair tool is broken and needs fixing.

(Symbolic lines, like with Floor Openings would be a nice feature)

gwnelson
2008-03-19, 07:10 PM
I make all my stairs with risers & boundaries.

Uh, I made a Stair Arrow annotation symbol to go with. Nicer than the ootb, too.

patricks
2008-03-19, 11:46 PM
Yeah I also noticed stair arrows going different directions on 2 adjacent stairs on a project the other day. In a plan view, I had a short stair rising up only about 2 feet or so. Then I had a separate stair nearby going up from that 2-ft. platform up to the 2nd floor above. The short stair had the arrow pointing down the stair, and the other one had the arrow pointing up the stair. It made it look like both stairs were going either up or down from that platform. Quite misleading.