PDA

View Full Version : Adding/Modifing Load Classifications for Panels

csutton2181
2006-11-10, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know of a way to add or modify the load classifications on the panel schedule? Right now they have HVAC, Power, Lighting and Other. I would like to add a classification for motors, but also wondering if I could modify the existing classifications. I am trying to see is if this will allow for me to modify their panel schedule so that if there is say over 10,000 VA of receptacles anything over that it will only take 50% per NEC. I tired the demand factor under Electrical Settings but that was not doing what I thought it would do. I would like to be able to have the panel reflect the change in the VA so in stead of showing 15,000 VA for receptacles it would show 12,500 VA.

I also tried putting formulas on the panel family, but the classifications rows are grayed out when I went to the Family Types window, and it would not let me refer to those rows. Do these parameters need to be shared, if so how do I do that?

prime8
2007-04-19, 07:54 PM
I am new to Revit electrical. One of my very first questions was also how to add to or rename existing electrical load classifications. One of the users in my company used to work for Autodesk and was part of the Revit support team. He tells me that he thinks the load classifications are hardcoded. That means that to date, a user is unable to make these types of changes. What this means for me is that since I need more load classifications than what is provided, I pretty much have to rely on the Excel panels that we have always used. Hopefully, Revit programmers will fix this soon. I just saw the latest release of Revit on April 18, 2007, and the load classifications were still the same.

Mottiqua
2007-04-19, 08:48 PM
nope, they're all hardcoded. you can't separate the load classifications....which means you still have to do that by hand if you're sending in a request for electrical service for a utility....
I've sent autodesk requests for the expansion....but the more people that bug them, the better

mjdanowski
2007-04-19, 09:29 PM
chiming in to make panel scheduling, schedules, and circuiting a LOT more customizable as a whole.

Template files ahoy!

ahefner
2007-05-23, 04:00 PM
I to have ran into the same problem. Through our subscription, I've been receiving help from Autodesk.

Here's what we've come up with: as already stated, there is NO way to modify the default "Panel Schedule", but you can create a new schedule (View__New__Schedule/Quantities). There's quite a bit of per meditation required as you have to add "Shared Parameters" to your families, which then can be put into a "Motor Panel Schedule" or whatever custom schedule you need. There are still come limitations as the "Category" section in the "New Schedule" dialog box is all you get.

Example of the limitation: If you want to make a custom panel schedule and choose a Category and that category doesn't include all the parameters you've needing for this schedule, there's currently no way to get additional parameters to that category. You'd have to do two schedules.