PDA

View Full Version : Printing PDF from Revit

eric.anastas
2006-11-13, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to figure out a way to print my revit project to pdf. I've been using PDF995, and am also trying CutePDF. Here are the issues I'm running into.

There doesn't seem to be easy a way to print all sheets at once. If I choose "selected views/sheets" and select all my sheets then both CuteFTP and PDF995 try to print each sheet to a sperate file. This would be fine, but the default name for the files is the project filename. I could rename them manualy, but I don't know which is which until they are converted to PDF and I open them up. If I try printing each sheet induvidualy by selecting "current window" it still names the PDF by the project name rather then the sheet name or number.

The secon issue I'm having is that my project contains sheets with different paper sizes. However, it seems that whether I print to a plotter, dwf, or pdf I'm always forced to pick a single paper size. Sheets that do not match this size end up getting cropped or scaled.

The Sweg
2006-11-13, 12:15 PM
Here's a couple of possible solutions.

-When I print directly to DWF, the radio button to combine all sheets in one file becomes available, if I need a PDF, I just create it from the DWF.

-I don't believe you can do different size sheets in one file, unless you have DWF Composer, which allows you to combine different sheets from different DWF files and even re-order them.

-I think you can combine sheets also with Adobe PDF (Full version) or a third party PDF software, after you 'print' all your different sheets.

HTH

ashuler
2006-11-13, 04:41 PM
Check out this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=50272