PDA

View Full Version : Prob loading Curtain Wall Doors into Project

Damo
2004-06-24, 11:16 AM
I’ve got a Curtain Wall which I want to put in a glazed curtain wall door.

From the ‘Curtain Wall’ -> ‘Panels with Fixings’ library I’ve loaded the “UK_CW Sgl Glass – Style A.rfa” (and styles B, C & D) into the project, but they are not made available within either the Doors or Components Design Bar. I’ve also tried the “M_Curtain Wall Sgl Glass.rfa” from the Door library and same thing

I’ve checked the Families area in the Project Browser, and no sign of them there. It’s as if they haven’t loaded into the project.

Am I doing something wrong, or have they loaded into some peculiar category?

adegnan
2004-06-24, 11:29 AM
This does not work like standard doors and standard walls.

Select the curtain wall panel that you want to become a door. Use the pull-down family menu and select the door panel you want there. ~voila!~

This is a common question!! I'm sure it is covered in the tutorial, but hey, who uses those, right? ;)

Don't worry, we'll keep answering!!

Paul P.
2004-06-24, 11:34 AM
Damo, you cant place a normal door type into a curtain wall, go back into the door library and load one of the following: M_Curtain Wall Dbl Glass.rfa doors, M_Curtain Wall Sgl Glass.rfa or M_Curtain Wall-Store Front-Dbl.rfa.

Highlight the panel you want to change in the curtain wall, then from the drop-down menu next to the properties button you will see the door you loaded, pick that and it will change the glass panel into the door.

Hope I've explained that O.K, somebody else might be better able to give a better explanation.

Regard's, Paul.

Damo
2004-06-24, 03:04 PM
PaulP & adegnan, Thanks. This worked a treat, once I selected the glazing panel (the System Panel) and not the grid!

adegnan
2004-11-03, 01:05 PM
Slightly different issue but the same topic title:

I just tried to load a curtain wall door panel into a project and had unrecoverable errors twice.

Since curtain wall door panels are in the "door" folder in the Revit content, I used the door command, load family, and then selected the curtain wall door panel from the Revit-supplied content file. Boom-crash-unrecoverable error with error report generated.

Repeated the same again.

So, knowing that a curtain wall door is not a "door" I went to file-load-family. THis time I successfully loaded the curtain wall door panel without a crash.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

I find it confusing because of curtain wall door panels being in the "door" content folder, not the "curtain wall" content folder. And, what is so severe to create an unrecoverable error???

Well, I got by it anyway. Just thought it noteworthy. 2 error reports for Revit to look at.