PDA

View Full Version : Construction lines tool?

rudolfesterhuyse
2006-11-14, 02:21 PM
Probably an item for the wishlist but maybe there is a way that I do not know about. I would like to be able to use construction lines which extends indefinitely in a workplane, making them easy to place and to delete. In ADT I had a custom setting allowing me to press "vertical arrow" for a vertical construction line and "horizontal arrow" for a horizontal construction line which ensured that lines were always drawn quickly (one click) and accurately. Picking existing lines is great but when drawing, trimming a whole lot of construction lines is also often easier than selecting every endpoint. Being able to bisect angles with construction lines would also help. Any existing tool?

aaronrumple
2006-11-14, 02:33 PM
Probably an item for the wishlist but maybe there is a way that I do not know about. I would like to be able to use construction lines which extends indefinitely in a workplane, making them easy to place and to delete. In ADT I had a custom setting allowing me to press "vertical arrow" for a vertical construction line and "horizontal arrow" for a horizontal construction line which ensured that lines were always drawn quickly (one click) and accurately. Picking existing lines is great but when drawing, trimming a whole lot of construction lines is also often easier than selecting every endpoint. Being able to bisect angles with construction lines would also help. Any existing tool?
Reference planes, Reference Lines and dimensions.

To bisect an angle - place an angular dimension between the three objects. The hit the EQ on the dimension. done.

In Revit, all planes are infinite (all surfaces of walls, reference planes in families, etc.) - so I'm not really sure what your after.

rudolfesterhuyse
2006-11-15, 07:01 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and what you suggested sounds great. I expected I may have just been missing something. That is why I posted it here and not in the wishlist forum. Thanks.