PDA

View Full Version : fillet/champher vs trim

rudolfesterhuyse
2006-11-14, 02:40 PM
Currently, if I want to trim a line at a specific point or between two points I have to split it and then delete it. ADT has a "trim" command which did this in one deft move and a fillet and chamfer command which basically does what Revit's trim command does. Am I missing an available command here or does it not exist in Revit? Also, is it at all possible to trim with a chamfered or filleted corner?

aaronrumple
2006-11-14, 03:01 PM
Currently, if I want to trim a line at a specific point or between two points I have to split it and then delete it. ADT has a "trim" command which did this in one deft move and a fillet and chamfer command which basically does what Revit's trim command does. Am I missing an available command here or does it not exist in Revit? Also, is it at all possible to trim with a chamfered or filleted corner?
Split has a delete inner segment option.
To fillet a corner - you use the wall (or line, or sketch) draw tool and use the Fillet Arc tool. You'll find it has some options that would be nice in AutoCAD.

Fillet is misplaced in AutoCAD as a modify command. It's really a draw command as it creates a new objects.

rudolfesterhuyse
2006-11-16, 07:20 AM
Yes, found all of it, I must have been blind. Thanks.