PDA

View Full Version : Detail Component with Annotation Family Embedded

rmcelvain.103137
2006-11-14, 09:04 PM
I'm pulling my hair out today! Could someone take a look at this family and see if there is something that I might be doing wrong?

It's a Detail Item with a Annotation Symbol Arrowhead. If I load the family into my project it will only work if my scales match from family to project. Any difference and the annotation part of the detail family moves away from the line.

I've attached some images and the family for clarification if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Jshaver
2006-11-18, 03:43 PM
At some point the nested symbol family's horizontal reference plane was moved from the default location. This is the plane that defines the y origin. I am not sure how this interferes with placement because the modified ref plane was still labeled as the origin.
A simple copy&paste into a new symbol family will correct this. You will have to move the arrow to the origin/ref plane intersection. DO NOT move the ref planes.

I also noticed you were using multiple lines to simulate solid hatch. I am assuming this is due to the "elements to small" error that doesnt allow small hatch patterns.
Revit will accept small hatch patterns when imported from autocad as long as they are not exploded.

See attached for a revised family including the imported autocad hatch.

dbaldacchino
2006-11-18, 03:49 PM
I don't think that moving the ref. planes is a problem as long as they are still set to be the origin points. Make sure the checkbox is selected for each ref. plane that defines the origin.

EDIT: Oops, sorry about that....you already stated that the ref. planes were still marked as the origin points. I have to say that this is quite bizarre. I never ran into such a problem before. This is probably a bug in the new template. Everything in your original family is constrained properly and it shouldn't behave that way.

rmcelvain.103137
2006-11-27, 05:00 PM
At some point the nested symbol family's horizontal reference plane was moved from the default location. This is the plane that defines the y origin. I am not sure how this interferes with placement because the modified ref plane was still labeled as the origin.
A simple copy&paste into a new symbol family will correct this. You will have to move the arrow to the origin/ref plane intersection. DO NOT move the ref planes.

I also noticed you were using multiple lines to simulate solid hatch. I am assuming this is due to the "elements to small" error that doesnt allow small hatch patterns.
Revit will accept small hatch patterns when imported from autocad as long as they are not exploded.

See attached for a revised family including the imported autocad hatch.
I'm back :) ! Thanks for looking into this, I'll check out the attachment and see what you did. Nice catch on the ref plane, no idea how that happened!

Thanks again!