PDA

View Full Version : Plotting Question (Autocad 2004)

Globey
2004-06-24, 03:18 PM
Hi folks,
Just a simple issue I have been having here. I sometimes have to modify my plotter settings depending on the job, as most of us do. The problem I have, in which I am too lazy to figure out myself, is the fact that when I choose my ansi D or arch D settings, do a plot preview, If I dont come back to the screen it sets itself back to 8 1/2 x 11, instead of the D setting I chose. If i forego the preview, or exit out of the preview and set it back to the D size setting It plots correctly. I know its something simple, Just have not gotten around yet to investigate. Any Ideas?

Mike.Perry
2004-06-24, 05:05 PM
Hi

Are you plotting via a Windows Printer or an AutoCAD Printer (PC3)?

OR

It doesn't matter?

+

Have you tried ticking the "Save Changes to Layout" check box within the Plot Dialog Box?

+

Take a look at the following area within the Options Dialog Box -> Plotting Tab -> General Plot Options

Have a good one, Mike

RobertB
2004-06-25, 04:52 PM
If PaperUpdate=1 then the paper size is set to that configured by the plotter driver.

scott.wilcox
2004-06-28, 06:44 PM
Are you using a custom paper size? If so, you will need to delete your current pc3 file, and redefine the paper sizes in the START>SETTINGS>PRINTERS

Select the printer you wish to define custom sizes, and choose printing preferences. Here, you can define custom paper sizes.

After yor are done and start AutoCAD, it will use the paper sizes you have defined and create a new PC3 file from it.

Scott